Author Topic: United Church of Christ (Virginia): Islam More Progressive than Christianity  (Read 1235 times)

rangerrebew

United Church of Christ (Virginia): Islam More Progressive than Christianity
July 9, 2017 / creeping   

Another example of When Evangelicals Non-Muslims Become Useful Idiots for Islam and How Muslims Take Control of America.

“One of the real gifts that Islam brings is an understanding of what it is to have a country with diverse religious viewpoints,” stated Rev. Dr. David B. Lindsey on June 11 at the Little River United Church of Christ (UCC) in Northern Virginia. Befitting the declining UCC’s leftwing, anti-Israel politics, his roseate understanding of Islam set the tone for Little River UCC’s biased, superficial presentation on “Faith in Film: Refugees and Islamophobia.”

A small group of about 25 middle-aged or older listeners watched three short films in the Little River UCC sanctuary followed by a discussion between Lindsay and Zainab Arain from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR). Growing Home, a film about a barber who fled Syria’s civil war to a Jordanian refugee camp, opened the evening, followed by the screening of a Hague TED lecture by the film’s director, Faisal Attrache. The evening’s final film was a new release, the short film Searching the Skies, from the Seventh Art Stand (SAS), a “nationwide screening and discussion series” intended “as an act of cinematic solidarity against Islamophobia.”

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2017/07/09/virginia-church-dhimitude/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 06:25:40 pm by rangerrebew »

Wingnut

Seriously?  Not even going to clink that to read the bullshit.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Seriously?  Not even going to clink that to read the bullshit.
A group of twenty five middle aged listeners? Hopefully, next time the group will be far smaller.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline The_Reader_David

Now give them their due:  Progressives think that all human behavior should be minutely regulated by laws promulgated without regard to popular sentiment.  Muslims think that all human behavior should be minutely regulated by laws promulgated without regard to popular sentiment.  Progressives hate bankers who lend money at interest.  Muslims regard lending money at interest as haram.  Progressives hate Christianity.  Muslims hate Christianity.

Sounds like a solid case for the position taken to me.  ^-^
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Another example of leftists being defiant, spoiled teenagers, rushing to make deals with the devil so they can burn everything down and think they'll be the ones in charge after.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Joe Wooten

Just another example of why all the old mainline Christian sects are failing.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This isn't the regular more mainstream Church of Christ, I don't think, these are the folks who put out the signs like this:

And yard signs that had similar on them.

Offline The_Reader_David

This isn't the regular more mainstream Church of Christ, I don't think, these are the folks who put out the signs like this:

And yard signs that had similar on them.

Now, to be fair, on another forum, I have received good wishes for Lent from a Muslim.  It was a while back and Ramadan was ending just as Lent was beginning.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Frank Cannon

Just another example of why all the old mainline Christian sects are failing.

You got that right.

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
This isn't the regular more mainstream Church of Christ, ...

United Church of Christ is actually a merger of two versions of the Methodist Church.
Church of Christ prides itself on being separate from all other denominations.
(They don't even like being called a "denomination"!)
Church of Christ focuses pretty much all of their attention
on a fairly short list of issues that differentiate them from other denominations.
They have a strong tendency to limit themselves to discussing strictly religious subjects,
avoiding discussion of "public issues."
So much for being "salt and light."
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Now, to be fair, on another forum, I have received good wishes for Lent from a Muslim.  It was a while back and Ramadan was ending just as Lent was beginning.

That's how it is in my neighborhood.  We acknowledge and greet our neighbors of different faiths, and respect their faith traditions.   It's really not that hard, you know.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

That's how it is in my neighborhood.  We acknowledge and greet our neighbors of different faiths, and respect their faith traditions.   It's really not that hard, you know.   

We have a word for people like you Jazzy.   A Victim. 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
We have a word for people like you Jazzy.   A Victim.

A victim of what, pray tell?   If you think a billion Muslims are out to kill you,  then go hide in your bunker while I'm out enjoying life.   Tolerance is liberating.   

Wingnut

A victim of what, pray tell?   If you think a billion Muslims are out to kill you,  then go hide in your bunker while I'm out enjoying life.   Tolerance is liberating.   

You talk a good game about tolerance like all good leftists, but you are just farting dust.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
You talk a good game about tolerance like all good leftists, but you are just farting dust.

Why do you assume that tolerance and respect for other faiths is a hallmark of the left?   Please don't conflate the alt-right's attitudes with conservatism.     
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:48:31 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!

It's good that people of different faiths in your neighborhood can get along.
If you ever take a serious look at the life of Muhammad,
you would become more wary.
I'll not go into detail here, but in short, he was very much like today's Taliban.

I acknowledge that your Muslim neighbors are peaceful.
I don't know if that's their true sentiment,
or if it's because they're not a majority yet.

A local TV station ran a story last December about a Muslim grocery owner
who, as a gesture of goodwill, had Santa Claus visit his store
and give presents to the neighborhood children.

Many individual Muslims are fine people.
But the Muslim religion has a long history of violence, right from the start.

There are at least a couple of well-known examples of Muslims
who grew up in peaceful Muslim families
who decided to "be more like Muhammad."
One is the guy who drove his car onto a crowded sidewalk
at The Ohio State University.
Another is the guy who killed all those people
at The Pulse nightclub in Orlando Florida.

A tiny minority of Muslims are active fighters.
A somewhat larger number provide support.
A yet larger number sympathize with them.
A majority (I suspect) don't oppose the violence
out of fear of being victimized themselves.
(One could say that Islam doesn't have a billion believers,
it has a billion hostages!)

And some may be "playing peaceful"
to lull non-Muslims into complacency,
until Muslims become a majority in that country.

Reality is a long way from being as simple as we would like.
In the end, we will all be judged as individuals,
and it's best if we treat one another as individuals.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why do you assume that tolerance and respect for other faiths is a hallmark of the left?   Please don't conflate the alt-right's attitudes with conservatism.   

Because you as a Liberal demand we respect those things you tolerate while demeaning those that have a different belief than you.

Typical of a Leftist.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Thank you for displaying yet again your lack of knowledge on a topic.

You are clearly lacking an insight into Islam that some of us have had first hand.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline skeeter

Because you as a Liberal demand we respect those things you tolerate while demeaning those that have a different belief than you.

Typical of a Leftist.

:amen:

As far as I've seen, no one else on this forum refers to authentic Christians as 'bible thumpers'.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 09:18:29 pm by skeeter »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jazzhead wrote:
"That's how it is in my neighborhood.  We acknowledge and greet our neighbors of different faiths, and respect their faith traditions."

Hey, Jazzhead, here's a sign you can have free for the askin'.
I don't think they want it any more: