Author Topic: Russian Lawyer Who Met With Trump Jr.: I Didn’t Have Clinton Info They Wanted  (Read 426 times)

Offline Just_Victor

Source: NBC News
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russian-lawyer-who-met-trump-jr-i-didn-t-have-n781631

MOSCOW — The Russian lawyer who met with Donald Trump Jr. during the presidential campaign denied in an exclusive interview with NBC News that she had any connection to the Kremlin and insists she met with President Donald Trump’s son to press her client’s interest in the Magnitsky Act — not to hand over information about Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

“I never had any damaging or sensitive information about Hillary Clinton. It was never my intention to have that,” Natalia Veselnitskaya said.

When asked how Trump Jr. seemed to have the impression that she had information about the Democratic National Committee, she responded:

“It is quite possible that maybe they were longing for such an information. They wanted it so badly that they could only hear the thought that they wanted.”

Trump Jr. has confirmed that the meeting occurred, saying in a statement to The New York Times that he attended "a short introductory meeting" with the lawyer, where the topic of conversation was primarily about adoption.

On Monday, Trump Jr. seemed to confirm that he had been offered information about Clinton or her campaign but insisted that nothing untoward in the meeting had occurred.

“Obviously I'm the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent... went nowhere but had to listen,” he tweeted, seemingly sarcastic.

The New York Times on Monday reported that Trump Jr. was told in an email before the meeting that the information Veselnitskaya had was part of a Russian government effort to help his father’s candidacy.

But Veselnitskaya flatly denied any connection to the Russian government. Kremlin officials said on Monday that they were unaware of who the lawyer is.

more...
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The more I read and learn about this the more I'm reminded of an old friend of mine.  Thomas and I once worked together and being a black man he was fully determined to have a coal black registered palomino stud horse for his very own.  After listening to him for awhile I told him that those kind of horses were rare as hens teeth but if he looked hard enough for long enough someone would eventually find one for him.

Looks to me as if the same sort of thing was going on here.   Just sayin.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
The more I read and learn about this the more I'm reminded of an old friend of mine.  Thomas and I once worked together and being a black man he was fully determined to have a coal black registered palomino stud horse for his very own.  After listening to him for awhile I told him that those kind of horses were rare as hens teeth but if he looked hard enough for long enough someone would eventually find one for him.

Looks to me as if the same sort of thing was going on here.   Just sayin.

:silly:

I hear you, Bigun, but 1) the dems are determined to find something, and 2) this could be something.  Of course, had it been a Clinton or an 0bama it would have come down to intent and no charges would ever have been brought, but for someone they've got in their crosshairs, it just could be.