Author Topic: The President We Have Versus the President We Need  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Victoria33

Re: The President We Have Versus the President We Need
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 03:21:29 pm »
@txradioguy
Fixed it.  The day they make RiV a mod is the day I am sitebanned here.
@rodamala
@txradioguy

If you two mean banned here, I will be the first one banned, maybe you after me, but I will be first.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 03:25:41 pm »
@rodamala
@txradioguy

If you two mean banned here, I will be the first one banned, maybe you after me, but I will be first.

@INVAR would be banned first, no doubt about it.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2017, 03:30:28 pm »
The authors ought to scurry back to the Democrat Underground, it's the voters we have versus the voters we need.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2017, 03:42:24 pm »
@rodamala

Then he and I would be banned as a matched set.  We are okay as long as @mystery-ak runs this place. She is extraordinary.  This is the best place on the internet.  I check email, then come here to find out what is happening in the world.  So many times, I am reading new news here and the TV will start talking about what I am reading on here.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2017, 04:19:28 pm »

Most certainly. 

It would be expected that Trump supporters in that position would do so.  They have already shown us their proclivity of doing so.  Just about every single Social group and forum I haunted last year that was run by or moderated by Trump supporters who went full-tilt Trump and did not permit or allow ANY dissenting opinion or negative thought to be expressed about Trump.  You were banned, account closed, threatened, or run off to create Trump Safe Spaces in formerly Conservative fora.

For all the notations about how intolerant the Left is with any differing opinions, the Trump Militant and Trump Faithful have shown us that they are no different when it comes to Trump and anything he says or does.

That Myst has policy of permitting and allowing open discourse among Conservatives (and even a Communist-thinker among us) is a blessing that has become a rarity on the internet.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2017, 04:24:14 pm »
That Myst has policy of permitting and allowing open discourse among Conservatives (and even a Communist-thinker among us) is a blessing that has become a rarity on the internet.

Can't be repeated often enough.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2017, 04:32:04 pm »
As I have said on other threads, I have partitioned my opinion of Trump on two different levels.

As a person he is a despicable piece of shit.  Has been, is, and probably always will.  His personal life, tweets, comments, etc. are beyond cringeworthy.

As a president, he is doing a whole lot right than wrong.  Thank God we didn't get the crooked bitch in there.  As long as he keeps up governing like he is right now, I am going to give him my support.

Well said, @catfish1957!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2017, 04:35:39 pm »
@rodamala
@txradioguy

That would be terrible. If you are banned, who would be around to tell me they are the smartest person in the room?

Offline Millee

« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2017, 04:42:36 pm »
As I have said on other threads, I have partitioned my opinion of Trump on two different levels.

As a person he is a despicable piece of shit.  Has been, is, and probably always will.  His personal life, tweets, comments, etc. are beyond cringeworthy.

As a president, he is doing a whole lot right than wrong. Thank God we didn't get the crooked bitch in there.  As long as he keeps up governing like he is right now, I am going to give him my support.
Can't be stated enough. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2017, 04:45:06 pm »
@txradioguy
Fixed it.  The day they make RiV a mod, is the day I am sitebanned here.

She'd never take the offer anyway... she'd have to be objective to be a Mod.  :whistle:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2017, 04:51:45 pm »
@txradioguy
Fixed it.  The day they make RiV a mod, is the day I am sitebanned here.

:silly:

:thumbsup3:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2017, 04:53:05 pm »
@rodamala
@txradioguy

Methinks the race will result in a photo-finish!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2017, 05:38:51 pm »
As Dennis Prager says, bad tweets are better than bad policy and so far Trump's policy has been excellent.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »
As Dennis Prager says, bad tweets are better than bad policy and so far Trump's policy has been excellent.

Policies as articulated (as much as that term can be applied to Trump) or policies as successfully put into place?

Offline Mod1

« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2017, 06:20:39 pm »
Dear readers, let us discuss the article and not one another. Thank you.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2017, 06:38:51 pm »
Whining that the guy we "have" doesn't measure up to the guy we "need" is the type of whiny wishful thinking usually reserved for naïve leftists.  Our responsibility is to deal with the reality that exists, and to do the best we can with that reality until presented with an opportunity to change that reality.

Trump is going to be President until January 2021, and if some in the GOP are hoping to replace him with Pence before them, they need to wake up and realize that would only happen in a context where Democrats seize control of both houses of Congress, and likely clobber us in 2020.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2017, 06:47:22 pm »
Whining that the guy we "have" doesn't measure up to the guy we "need" is the type of whiny wishful thinking usually reserved for naïve leftists. 

Many here, long for Cruz, or anybody but Trump. They seem to be permanently incapable or unwilling to grant this elected Republican President the credit for moving in a more conservative direction, than anybody since Reagan.

That is "whiny wishful thinking," regardless of how you characterize it.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2017, 07:10:23 pm »
They seem to be permanently incapable or unwilling to grant this elected Republican President the credit for moving in a more conservative direction, than anybody since Reagan.

When and if he ever gets to that point he'll get credit for it.

Right now he's somewhere in the Bush 41 and 43 range of "conservatism".

Which means he's not very conservative.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2017, 07:38:16 pm »
Many here, long for Cruz, or anybody but Trump. They seem to be permanently incapable or unwilling to grant this elected Republican President the credit for moving in a more conservative direction, than anybody since Reagan.

Does Trump only work to Conservative benefit if he has enough accolades poured into his Applause-O-meter?

If we clap harder and shout more {redacted} will he transform himself into Reagan or George Washington?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:28:16 pm by MOD3 »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775