Author Topic: The New York Times Is In Trouble  (Read 759 times)

rangerrebew

The New York Times Is In Trouble
« on: July 09, 2017, 10:59:34 am »
 Posted on July 8, 2017 by John Hinderaker 
The New York Times Is In Trouble

We have noted here and elsewhere Sarah Palin’s libel case against the New York Times. In a June 14 editorial, the Times accused Palin of being responsible for Jared Loughner’s murder of six people in Tucson, Arizona. Since then, the Times has issued two corrections to the editorial.

Lawyers for Ms. Palin and the newspaper were in court yesterday. The New York Post’s brief account does not make clear the context of the court hearing, but it quotes the newspaper’s lawyer:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2017/07/the-new-york-times-is-in-trouble.php
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 11:00:17 am by rangerrebew »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
Re: The New York Times Is In Trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 03:29:57 pm »
The New York Slimes put on a blindfold, then got behind the wheel and hit the gas, shouting its party line BS into the public address system mounted on the roof.  When it goes up for sale, the buyer will have to be some leftist nitwit like Bezos, or the failed management won't sell.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 03:30:32 am »
Sunken wrote:
"When it goes up for sale, the buyer will have to be some leftist nitwit like Bezos, or the failed management won't sell."

They won't have a choice by that time.
They'll HAVE to sell.

I'd like to see the Unification Church buy it...  ;)

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 03:35:47 am »
No way.  Must be fake news as the NYTimes is as solvent as Sears & Robuck  er K-Mart.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 03:38:09 am »
The rag has been being propped up by someone or several for ages. About time they decided to cut their losses.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 03:40:13 am »
The rag has been being propped up by someone or several for ages. About time they decided to cut their losses.

Some liberal with more money than brains will prop them up till the next election.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 04:17:39 am »

They are cutting their losses........every year.

http://deadline.com/2017/06/new-york-times-editors-decry-humiliating-layoffs-1202121627/

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 09:23:13 am »
Zuckerburg will purchase the NYT, from the contents of petty cash.    :shrug:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald