Author Topic: Ivanka Trump Sat In for Her Father at the G-20 Leaders' Table  (Read 601 times)

Offline Suppressed

Ivanka Trump Sat In for Her Father at the G-20 Leaders' Table
By Craig Gordon
July 8, 2017, 7:21 AM EDT July 8, 2017, 10:32 AM EDT
  • Daughter seen sitting at his spot during migration meeting
  • Trump stepped away from meeting to hold one-on-one sessions

Ivanka Trump at the G20 economic summit on July 8. Photographer: Sean Gallup/Getty Images

Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, took his seat at a Group of 20 meeting table in Hamburg, sitting in for the president when he stepped away for one-on-one meetings with world leaders.

A photo on Twitter shows Ivanka Trump sitting at her father’s place, between Chinese President Xi Jinping and British Prime Minister Theresa May. One official who was watching the session said she has taken her father’s place at the table on at least two occasions today and did not speak.

A spokesman for Ivanka Trump said she had been sitting in the back of the room and then briefly joined the main table when the president stepped out. The president of the World Bank addressed the meeting, which was about African migration and health -- areas that would benefit from a facility that Ivanka Trump and the World Bank had announced shortly before the meeting, the spokesman said.

G-20 leaders are allowed to bring staff into the room for some of the meetings, and when other leaders stepped out during today’s session, their seats were briefly filled by others. Ivanka Trump serves as an unpaid adviser to her father, as an assistant to the president.

But her presence at the table is the sort of blurring of lines -- between family and official business -- that Donald Trump is often criticized for, and it would be unusual for world leaders to have family members take their place at their table. Later in the meeting, Trump’s wife, Melania, joined the U.S. delegation in the room while the president was in the chair.

Earlier in the day, Ivanka Trump took part in a World Bank event on a fund for women entrepreneurs that she is actively involved in. The president praised her work on the fund at the event.

"I’m very proud of my daughter Ivanka, always have been from day one. I have to tell you that, from day one," Donald Trump said. "If she weren’t my daughter it’d be so much easier for her. It might be the only bad thing she has going if you want to know the truth.”

[Excerpt.  Read more at https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-07-08/ivanka-trump-sits-in-for-her-father-at-g-20-meeting-table}
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Ivanka Trump Sat In for Her Father at the G-20 Leaders' Table
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 04:50:27 pm »
She is a Presidential Advisor, and its normal for stand-ins to be present during absences of the  main official.  Just more no news, making the news.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:22:23 am »
This was one of the things I worried about in a Trump presidency. Ivanka did handbags and clothing- what is she doing at the G20. She has no qualifications to be an advisor. She is a climate change advocate and espouses other leftist positions.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 02:45:31 am »
Ivanka did handbags and clothing and is being groomed to run for prez,,,imho.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 02:50:25 am »

I believe you are right. She won't get my vote.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2017, 06:10:16 am »
Which Party?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis