Author Topic: About that global warming settled science 'consensus'...  (Read 445 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

About that global warming settled science 'consensus'...
« on: July 07, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »
If there were ever a story that was just made up, try the often repeated canard that 97% of scientists believe in man-caused global warming.  Hear that?  The science is settled.

Do you know where that 97% figure came from?  It was a University of Illinois survey.  This survey, which was done by mail, was sent to 10,000 scientists who had published articles in scientific journals.  Seven hundred answered – possibly the most opinionated ones.  Ninety-seven percent believed in man-caused warming.  Three percent did not.

So actually, the 97% figure comes from fewer than 700 scientists.

Yet the public believes it because it is repeated so often.  It's been discussed and repeated as fact, yet it's not fact.

If the public wants to see how fake news gets started, this is one of its ways.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/07/about_that_global_warming_settled_science_consensus.html
Background survey info here https://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2012/07/17/that-scientific-global-warming-consensus-not/#465ee8383bb3
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: About that global warming settled science 'consensus'...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 06:32:08 pm »
Those 700 were, I believe, self-selected.  Only true believers need apply, so the "survey" is rather silly.  I question why it was only 97%?  Should have been 100%.

I'm behind firewall, so I can't research this the way I'd like, but I think I read about it in Investors Business Daily.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: About that global warming settled science 'consensus'...
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:48:14 pm »
Because "news" is created and no longer reported.   "News" is manufactured to achieve narratives the the public will accept as total truth to achieve political ends.

Period.

And this is true of Alt. news as much as the MSM.

The truth is buried because the need to push desired end results justifies any means necessary to achieve it.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775