Author Topic: UNESCO declares Hebron shrine Palestinian, Israel pulls U.N. funding  (Read 493 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The U.N. cultural organization declared an ancient shrine in the occupied West Bank a Palestinian heritage site on Friday, prompting Israel to further cut its funding to the United Nations.

UNESCO designated Hebron and the two adjoined shrines at its heart – the Jewish Tomb of the Patriarchs and the Muslim Ibrahimi Mosque – a “Palestinian World Heritage Site in Danger”.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called that “another delusional UNESCO decision” and ordered that $1 million be diverted from Israel’s U.N. funding to establish a museum and other projects covering Jewish heritage in Hebron.

The funding cut is Israel’s fourth in the past year, taking its U.N. contribution from $11 million to just $1.7 million, an Israeli official said. Each cut has come after various U.N. bodies voted to adopt decisions which Israel said discriminated against it.

Palestinian Foreign Minister, Reyad Al-Maliki, said the UNESCO vote, at a meeting in Krakow, Poland, was proof of the “successful diplomatic battle Palestine has launched on all fronts in the face of Israeli and American pressure on (UNESCO) member countries.”

Hebron is the largest Palestinian city in the occupied West Bank with a population of some 200,000. About 1,000 Israeli settlers live in the heart of the city and for years it has been a place of religious friction between Muslims and Jews.

http://www.oann.com/unesco-declares-hebron-shrine-as-palestinian-angering-israel/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: UNESCO declares Hebron shrine Palestinian, Israel pulls U.N. funding
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:29:11 pm »
I thought UNESCO designated "World" Heritage sites, not for any country.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:36:58 pm »
"The U.N. cultural organization declared an ancient shrine in the occupied West Bank a Palestinian heritage site on Friday, prompting Israel to further cut its funding to the United Nations."

Hmmm....
Leemmmeeee get this straight, because I'm normally not the brightest guy around, but...

... why would Israel provide ANY funding at all to the UN, which continually insults and votes to punish the Jewish state?

The Israelis should tell the UN to go to (you know where).

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 12:52:41 am »
"The U.N. cultural organization declared an ancient shrine in the occupied West Bank a Palestinian heritage site on Friday, prompting Israel to further cut its funding to the United Nations."

Hmmm....
Leemmmeeee get this straight, because I'm normally not the brightest guy around, but...

... why would Israel provide ANY funding at all to the UN, which continually insults and votes to punish the Jewish state?

The Israelis should tell the UN to go to (you know where).
They aren't the only ones.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis