Author Topic: Ethics Office Director Walter Shaub Resigns, Saying Rules Need To Be Tougher  (Read 655 times)

Online corbe

Ethics Office Director Walter Shaub Resigns, Saying Rules Need To Be Tougher

July 6, 2017·1:01 PM ET 

Peter Overby  Marilyn Geewax

Office of Government Ethics Director Walter Shaub Jr. is turning in his resignation on Thursday.

The move follows months of clashes with the White House over issues such as President Trump's refusal to divest his businesses and the administration's delay in disclosing ethics waivers for appointees.

Shaub, an attorney, has accepted a job with The Campaign Legal Center, a nonpartisan organization of election-law experts.

Thursday morning, Shaub told NPR that, "the current situation has made it clear that the ethics program needs to be stronger than it is. At the Campaign Legal Center, I'll have more freedom to push for reform. I'll also be broadening my focus to include ethics issues at all levels of government."

He did not elaborate on what is so wrong with the "current situation."

But Shaub has been sharply critical of Trump's approach to ethics compliance since the election. The battle began in late November when the ethics office began issuing a series of tweets that mimicked Trump's style, exclaiming: "Brilliant! Divestiture is good for you, good for America!"

<..snip..>

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/06/535781749/ethics-office-director-walter-shaub-resigns-saying-rules-need-to-be-tougher
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
If Trump's supporters lack ethics why should he?

They're all progressives now.

Offline Joe Wooten

Where was this guy during the numerous ethical lapses of the previous administration? Sleeping?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where was this guy during the numerous ethical lapses of the previous administration? Sleeping?

No, on their side would be my guess. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Please place "NPR" on the list of favorite #nevertrump news sources.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Please place "NPR" on the list of favorite #nevertrump news sources.

Well, duh!  You are surprised that NPR doesn't like someone who, however nominally, is on the R side of the aisle?

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
Guess he was looking for ethics and couldn't find any.

Offline Rivergirl

Here we go again.........but Obama............

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Here we go again.........but Obama............

Neo alinskyites

Offline Rivergirl

This man did get DT to reveal that he had given blanket waivers to those in his administration to lobby.
This despite the fact that DT assured us all that he would not allow his people to lobby.

Offline Frank Cannon

"the current situation has made it clear that the ethics program needs to be stronger than it is. At the Campaign Legal Center, I'll have more freedom to push for reform. I'll also be broadening my focus to include ethics issues at all levels of government."

If anyone would like to know, one of the largest contributors to this fraud Leftist "Bipartisan" group is.........George Soros.

Hard to believe this hack lying sack of shit Shaub is an Obama appointee. No wonder he was asleep on his desk during the last administrations numerous deadly ethical lapses.

Offline GourmetDan

Exactly... once the globalists are out and a nationalist is elected, the media predictably finds it's 'ethics' voice...

Just a coinkidink folks... nothing to see here... move along... submit to the will of the hive...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan