Author Topic: Gore claims climate battle just like fight against slavery, apartheid  (Read 468 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Global warming activist and former veep Al Gore likened the battle over climate change to humanity's greatest struggles -- like the fights against slavery, apartheid and nuclear proliferation -- during a speech Thursday in Australia, according to a newly reported transcript.

In a July 13 speech to the EcoCity World Summit in Melbourne, the former vice president argued combating global warming was “in the tradition of all the great moral causes that have improved the circumstances of humanity throughout our history,” according to the website Climate Depot.

“The abolition of slavery, woman’s suffrage and women’s rights, the civil rights movement and the anti-apartheid movement in South Africa, the movement to stop the toxic phase of nuclear arms race and more recently the gay rights movement,” Gore said.

Marc Morano, executive editor for ClimateDepot.com, told Fox News he made an audio recording of Gore’s remarks because summit organizers prevented media from videotaping the event.

Morano, a former communications aide to climate change skeptic Sen. James Inhofe, R-Okla., also confirmed reports that security staff physically prevented people from taking photos with their cell phones.

It is not the first time Gore has drawn the parallel between global warming and civil rights.

“The climate movement should be seen in the context of the great moral causes that have transformed and improved the outlook for humanity,” Gore said at an green energy awards ceremony in June.

“It was wrong to allow slavery to continue, it was wrong to deny women the right to vote, it was wrong to discriminate on the basis of skin color or who you fell in love with,” he continued.

In a 2013 interview with The Washington Post, Gore likened climate change “deniers” to alcoholic fathers who fly off the handle when the issue is mentioned.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/13/gore-claims-climate-battle-just-like-fight-against-slavery-apartheid.html
Al's mind wanders into weird places.   Hallucinatory drugs, perhaps?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You know if I was black, I'd be getting real tired of liberals comparing everything they want like the struggle to end slavery and have civil rights.
The Republic is lost.

Offline goodwithagun

And the liberal outpouring of emotions from this horrific simile will occur when? I won't hold my breath.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
First being a homosexual was the same as being Black.
Then being transgender was the same as being Black.

Obviously, in typical Liberal style, being a 'denier' is the same as being a racist. Of course. That makes perfect Liberal sense.

The biggest difference in comparing global warming to 'American slavery' is that slavery was a real thing.
Apartheid was a real thing, and it still exists in most Muslim countries against non-Muslims. In fact, there are Black groups in America today who WANT APARTHEID here in America. Are these groups who are in favor of apartheid in America against Gore and his fantasy world? His logic says they are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"Gore claims climate battle just like fight against slavery, apartheid"

Because the Democrats are on the wrong side?
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Whenever walks into a room the aggregate IQ drops forty points.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Algore is a lunatic.
Principles matter. Words matter.