Author Topic: Trump supporter admits writing anti-Trump graffiti at elementary school to try to frame liberals  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
A supporter of President Trump in Connecticut says he wrote threatening anti-Trump graffiti on elementary school equipment hoping to frame Democrats because he believes they are "disrespectful to our government."

Stephen Marks, 32, wrote “Kill Trump,” “Left is the best,” "Bernie Sanders 2020" and “Death to Trump” on playground equipment at Hartford's Morley Elementary School last month, according to the Hartford Courant.

Marks has been ordered by a judge to stay away from the school and has a court date next month.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/340806-trump-supporter-admits-writing-anti-trump-graffiti-at-elementary

Victimhood makes people crazy.

Silver Pines

No better than the left.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No better than the left.
Yep. Right up there with a slew of victim groups. That just isn't necessary. Have a garage sale instead...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

Trump supporters like to point to the leftists and call them the terrorists.  But not every Trump supporter is sweet, kind, gentle and peaceful.   

There are insane people on both sides.  And there are times when I wonder if both sides are being encouraged by certain individuals or groups bent on starting a civil war, with the purpose of bringing down America. 

But I think the cleaners may have shrunk my tin foil hat.  Now I'm starting to sound like Alex Jones.   22222frying pan

Offline Smokin Joe

Trump supporters like to point to the leftists and call them the terrorists.  But not every Trump supporter is sweet, kind, gentle and peaceful.   

There are insane people on both sides.  And there are times when I wonder if both sides are being encouraged by certain individuals or groups bent on starting a civil war, with the purpose of bringing down America. 

But I think the cleaners may have shrunk my tin foil hat.  Now I'm starting to sound like Alex Jones.   22222frying pan
Didn't you hear? The government has a ray they shoot from space that shrinks tinfoil hats so the other stuff can get in and mess with your brain. ... *****rollingeyes*****

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

I'd bet he's got a close relative that post here but I'm not gonna mention or ping Anybody.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I hope the guy is pro-life all the same, that often separates the real from the phonies.

Silver Pines

I'd bet he's got a close relative that post here but I'm not gonna mention or ping Anybody.

@corbe

Um, lol....

Silver Pines

I hope the guy is pro-life all the same, that often separates the real from the phonies.

@TomSea

That's right!  If you're pro-life, you can deface property and you're good.

Online corbe

I smell where this is going @TomSea It never works out as planned.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

No, you're probably right.  Politics these days is bloodsport.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online corbe

No, you're probably right.  Politics these days is bloodsport.   

It certainly ain't beanbag @Jazzhead and I do admire your tenacity in the trenches at times, though I often wonder why, but that's a discussion for another night.

Offline Cripplecreek

I don't know about that but I do know that the left has encouraged their own crazies to action, not through direct calls for it but by constant prodding and dehumanization. Keith Olberman once called Michele Malkin a "mashed up bag of meat". Its why it was so wrong for Trump Jr to say his father's detractors are barely even human.

Dehumanization never goes anywhere good.

Offline Smokin Joe

I don't know about that but I do know that the left has encouraged their own crazies to action, not through direct calls for it but by constant prodding and dehumanization. Keith Olberman once called Michele Malkin a "mashed up bag of meat". Its why it was so wrong for Trump Jr to say his father's detractors are barely even human.

Dehumanization never goes anywhere good.
You just nailed the whole problem with the 'us vs them' mentality. Those dividing lines get moved around all too easily, and the generalizations can get nasty quick.

With incredible numbers being emotionally manipulated by media old and new, it's a powder keg looking for a spark.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
You just nailed the whole problem with the 'us vs them' mentality. Those dividing lines get moved around all too easily, and the generalizations can get nasty quick.

With incredible numbers being emotionally manipulated by media old and new, it's a powder keg looking for a spark.

A point I have been attempting to make on myriad threads.  Doesn't sit too well with the pro-Trump folks who don't like having their cheerleading for nastiness prophesied about where such cheerleading leads.

It's a powder keg sitting in a pool of gasoline.  Cheering and instigating the idiots with matches and lighters to light it up, is not going to end well for anyone.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

A point I have been attempting to make on myriad threads.  Doesn't sit too well with the pro-Trump folks who don't like having their cheerleading for nastiness prophesied about where such cheerleading leads.

It's a powder keg sitting in a pool of gasoline.  Cheering and instigating the idiots with matches and lighters to light it up, is not going to end well for anyone.
I agree. Both sides are being emotionally manipulated. Many do not realize it, many more will simply not admit it, but the automatic vitriol poured out elsewhere, and even on these pages is proof that such manipulation not only exists, but has been effective in some instances, more in some than others.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

With the loss of my mother I have become the single most conservative member of my family but my very liberal family has stood by me without trying to convert me like a family should do. My uncle cut me a check for 3 grand out of the blue a few weeks ago. He said it was in appreciation of the 20 years I had sacrificed to take care of my mother (His older sister). Tomorrow morning he's bringing a contractor out to go over some home improvement Ideas I've wanted to get done.

Offline rodamala

What's his Freeper name?

Offline Smokin Joe

With the loss of my mother I have become the single most conservative member of my family but my very liberal family has stood by me without trying to convert me like a family should do. My uncle cut me a check for 3 grand out of the blue a few weeks ago. He said it was in appreciation of the 20 years I had sacrificed to take care of my mother (His older sister). Tomorrow morning he's bringing a contractor out to go over some home improvement Ideas I've wanted to get done.
Family s the most basic societal unit. We can differ in opinion, but the bottom line is that family comes first (and should). Without that, there would be nothing to tie our culture together at the molecular level.
That's why so many communist (liberal) programs seek to break down the family and indoctrinate people to see the State as their mother and father, to remove all loyalties to anything but the State. Unfortunately, that has been a terribly successful program in the US also, with the State providing for the price of kicking fathers out, and taking over as the provider. While some demographics are more susceptible than others, all have been affected to some extent.

I am glad your liberal relatives are coming together with you. I have a few liberal relatives, too, and we still get along.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

Family s the most basic societal unit. We can differ in opinion, but the bottom line is that family comes first (and should). Without that, there would be nothing to tie our culture together at the molecular level.
That's why so many communist (liberal) programs seek to break down the family and indoctrinate people to see the State as their mother and father, to remove all loyalties to anything but the State. Unfortunately, that has been a terribly successful program in the US also, with the State providing for the price of kicking fathers out, and taking over as the provider. While some demographics are more susceptible than others, all have been affected to some extent.

I am glad your liberal relatives are coming together with you. I have a few liberal relatives, too, and we still get along.

I just refuse to talk about politics with family and real life friends.

Offline Smokin Joe

Whatever works! The family who will discuss politics are in agreement, as are the friends. It is the rest of the family who won't talk politics with me.  :laugh: That's okay, we can agree to disagree.

C S Lewis

Offline Rivergirl

cripplecreek.  Thanks for your post.  Proves that many of us have families that love and respect us.....without regard to our politics.
Happy for you.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Heh. Heh.   I love discussing politics, and here in Philly,  where I work and live among liberals,  I have quite the reputation as the conservative contrarian.  (If you ride the Paoli-Thorndale line, yup, that argumentative sod is me.)   That's surprising, I'm sure, to many around here where I strike a lot of you as a centrist (or worse).

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Smokin Joe

Heh. Heh.   I love discussing politics, and here in Philly,  where I work and live among liberals,  I have quite the reputation as the conservative contrarian.  (If you ride the Paoli-Thorndale line, yup, that argumentative sod is me.)   That's surprising, I'm sure, to many around here where I strike a lot of you as a centrist (or worse).

If you are what passes for conservative in Philly, most there would be an off-the-charts leftist in flyover country. Not intended as an insult, just a calibration.

C S Lewis

Offline Suppressed

Are you toward Paoli or Thorndale, @Jazzhead?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn