Author Topic: Majority Whip Steve Scalise readmitted to the ICU as new concerns for his infection arise  (Read 1697 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Rep Says Scalise Is Out Of Bed, Condition Improving

Juliegrace Brufke
Capitol Hill Reporter
1:03 PM 07/05/2017

Tennessee GOP Rep. Phil Roe said Tuesday that House Majority Whip Steve Scalise is out of bed and getting better after sustaining serious injuries from a gunshot to the hip.

Scalise was one of five wounded at the Republicans’ congressional baseball practice June 14, and the last to remain in the hospital. He was released from the intensive care unit June 23 after undergoing multiple surgeries and blood transfusions.

“[He’s] just out of bed,” Roe said in an interview with WJHL-TV, The Hill reports. “He’s had a very, very, serious injury. He’s not able to eat yet, but he is getting better.”

Roe said he has extended an invited to Scalise, who represents Louisiana’s 1st Congressional District, to the University of Tennessee-Louisiana State University football game this fall.

“I’ve invited him to the LSU-UT football game in November and hopefully he’ll be well enough then,” Roe said.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/gop-rep-says-scalise-is-out-of-bed-condition-improving/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's great!  I had wondered - the media hasn't exactly been obsessively reporting on his or the other victims' conditions.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
That's great!  I had wondered - the media hasn't exactly been obsessively reporting on his or the other victims' conditions.

I agree. I was wondering how he was doing today as I was driving home. Still not eating- I wonder if he has a feeding tube or getting TPN. Praying for his recovery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Just heard Scalise is back in ICU with an infection.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline anubias

Just heard Scalise is back in ICU with an infection.

Just heard the same.  Horrible news!

Offline Victoria33

It just came on the news, in intensive care again, infection.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:22:00 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Majority Whip Steve Scalise readmitted to the ICU as new concerns for his infection arise

Elizabeth Preza
05 Jul 2017 at 22:23 ET   
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/majority-whip-steve-scalise-readmitted-to-the-icu-as-new-concerns-for-his-infection-arise/
House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) was “readmitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) due to new concerns for infection,” according to a statement from MedStar Washington.

The news comes hours after fellow Rep. Phil Roe (R-TN) told reporters his wounded colleague “just [got] out of bed”—though Roe added Scalise was “not able to eat yet.”

Except: more at link.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/majority-whip-steve-scalise-readmitted-to-the-icu-as-new-concerns-for-his-infection-arise/
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

I agree. I was wondering how he was doing today as I was driving home. Still not eating- I wonder if he has a feeding tube or getting TPN. Praying for his recovery.
With no spinal involvement, there almost had to be a lot of intestinal damage. one little leak somewhere is trouble (peritonitis).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

If I was Scalise's family, I would be getting him the hell out of this Medstar Hospital. They are shit if you go by rankings. They are 3rd in the region and barely get 3 out of 5 stars with patient ratings.

http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/area/dc/medstar-washington-hospital-center-6330120

Offline anubias

Majority Whip Steve Scalise readmitted to the ICU as new concerns for his infection arise

Elizabeth Preza
05 Jul 2017 at 22:23 ET   
Except: more at link.

The comments on that site are stunningly cruel and nasty.

Offline Smokin Joe

I was surprised he wasn't in Bethesda, until I remembered some of the horror stories about VA care. Hopkins isn't far away, either.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

I was surprised he wasn't in Bethesda, until I remembered some of the horror stories about VA care. Hopkins isn't far away, either.

I would be limping my dead ass out of Medstar with the IV hanging in my arm to get to Hopkins if I were him.

Offline Frank Cannon

The comments on that site are stunningly cruel and nasty.

LOL. You are aware that Rawstory is a Communist circle jerk, right? They are open about that which makes me giggle when people keep posting it on this right wing board like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Raw_Story

Offline Smokin Joe

I would be limping my dead ass out of Medstar with the IV hanging in my arm to get to Hopkins if I were him.
We used to fly trauma patients out on the MSP helicopters to ShockTrauma in the Early '70s, mostly from car wrecks in So. MD. (The main role of those helos was medevac).
Those Docs Rocked!
If they are still that good (and the tech should be even better) that's the place.

C S Lewis

Offline anubias

LOL. You are aware that Rawstory is a Communist circle jerk, right? They are open about that which makes me giggle when people keep posting it on this right wing board like this.

Thank you.  It makes sense to me now.  I was in shock that anyone in his right mind would say such things, much less a ton of them, not realizing I was on a commie site. 

Offline Smokin Joe

It is good for people to see how hateful those SOBs are. If we post from their sites, and people read their comments, it is a window into the minds of the Left (albeit not for the faint of heart).

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It is good for people to see how hateful those SOBs are. If we post from their sites, and people read their comments, it is a window into the minds of the Left (albeit not for the faint of heart).
And people say I am being ridiculous and 'reactionary' when I say that more than half the population in this country will not be able to coexist peaceably with the other half as we continue to watch the civil society unravel.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Smokin Joe

And people say I am being ridiculous and 'reactionary' when I say that more than half the population in this country will not be able to coexist peaceably with the other half as we continue to watch the civil society unravel.
Let those who have ears to hear, hear...

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

You make a point.

Offline rodamala

Thank you.  It makes sense to me now.  I was in shock that anyone in his right mind would say such things, much less a ton of them, not realizing I was on a commie site.

Sometimes, with some of the posts I see here, I wonder if this is a commie site.

Offline Smokin Joe

Sometimes, with some of the posts I see here, I wonder if this is a commie site.
We have a couple token Liberals here to toy with, is all.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

Shhh. It is, but we don't want anyone know about it until the new Hugo Chavez sitting at a desk on a Ipad banner is ready.

Offline Smokin Joe

Shhh. It is, but we don't want anyone know about it until the new Hugo Chavez sitting at a desk on a Ipad banner is ready.
He's dead, Jim.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

He's dead, Jim.

LOL. So is Reagan......unless you know something I don't. Do you? Are you saying you know Reagan is alive? Is he hiding from the mob, creditors, Jane Wyman?