Author Topic: CNN Just Published A Fake Quote From Abraham Lincoln  (Read 500 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

CNN Just Published A Fake Quote From Abraham Lincoln
« on: July 05, 2017, 08:01:10 pm »
http://thefederalist.com/2017/07/05/cnn-just-published-a-fake-quote-from-abraham-lincoln/

CNN Just Published A Fake Quote From Abraham Lincoln

Thankfully, this isn't the one that came to mind when I saw the headline:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Re: CNN Just Published A Fake Quote From Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 08:19:12 pm »
To be fair, proving that he once said something similar is NOT proof that he didn't also say what they printed.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 08:26:39 pm »
To be fair, proving that he once said something similar is NOT proof that he didn't also say what they printed.

I hear you, I thought Mollie was a bit too deep in the weeds with her criticism.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 08:33:22 pm »
Lots of fake and mis attributed historical quotes that get repeated often by lots of people so its hardly a damning indictment of CNN.

After all they didn't emulate FOX news who sat silently and allowed Donald Trump to openly and willfuly lie about Rafael Cruz.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 08:36:42 pm »
Lots of fake and mis attributed historical quotes that get repeated often by lots of people so its hardly a damning indictment of CNN.

After all they didn't emulate FOX news who sat silently and allowed Donald Trump to openly and willfuly lie about Rafael Cruz.

@Cripplecreek
Did they do anything about it?   Seems like it would be a major story if the leading candidate made up lies like that (which he did) and yet they all ignored it.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.