Author Topic: Incredible graveyard of 5000-year-old 'giants' found in China  (Read 1183 times)

rangerrebew

Telegraph News

Incredible graveyard of 5000-year-old 'giants' found in China 

Mark Molloy

5 July 2017 • 10:06am

A graveyard of 'giants' buried 5,000 years ago has been uncovered by archaeologists in eastern China.

The men, whose bones were discovered in Jiaojia village near Jinan City in Shandong province, would have towered above many of their contemporaries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 12:51:36 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Incredible graveyard of 5000-year-old 'giants' found in China
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 01:25:46 pm »
@Quix
@bigheadfred
@roamer_1

Thought you fellas might want to gander at this. I guess 6' is considered a giant in China. :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:28:30 pm by RoosGirl »

Offline Quix

• Times R a changin' Walk with God!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »
    Telegraph News

Incredible graveyard of 5000-year-old 'giants' found in China 

Mark Molloy

5 July 2017 • 10:06am

A graveyard of 'giants' buried 5,000 years ago has been uncovered by archaeologists in eastern China.

The men, whose bones were discovered in Jiaojia village near Jinan City in Shandong province, would have towered above many of their contemporaries.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/05/incredible-graveyard-5000-year-old-giants-found-china/

Interesting.
Thanks

Yes, at 6'1" rainy days were a big hazard . . . the umbrella spokes of the average Chinese person  were quite right to gouge me in the eyes.

However, IIRC, there are records of giants much bigger than 6' in China.

Forgive all; In all things Thank God; Love all. Love 1st, most & always... BE CALM & DO THE NEXT LOVING THING.
POTTERY SITE ON ETSY: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ACTIVELOVE
QUIX thread for Quix GLOBALISM, UFO ETC topics here:http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php?topic=206517.new#new WILLIAM TOMPKINS Disclosure bk thread: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,224639.0.html . Calling: To afflict the comfortable & comfort the afflicted[/

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 12:24:31 am »
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 06:07:57 am »
@Quix
@bigheadfred
@roamer_1

Thought you fellas might want to gander at this. I guess 6' is considered a giant in China. :)
Consider the average Medieval Knight stood 4'6" tall, yep, a six footer would have been considered pretty big. Genetics and nutrition...5000 years ago, these may have been very big guys for the population there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:11:48 am »
Consider the average Medieval Knight stood 4'6" tall [...]

I don't think there's ever been a time that Celtic folks were that small. And don't be falling back on Britons, because they are Celtic too...

Have you ever seen a little guy try to ride a Clydesdale?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 06:12:09 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 03:23:46 pm »
I don't think there's ever been a time that Celtic folks were that small. And don't be falling back on Britons, because they are Celtic too...

Have you ever seen a little guy try to ride a Clydesdale?
The Average Medieval Knight wasn't Celtic, but on the continent, still, mine was old information. The average height, as now found in literature, was 5'8", and declined during the Middle Ages due to generally poorer nutrition (a climate thing). Thanks for getting me to go back and check, I learned something.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:27:03 pm by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 07:24:21 pm »
The Average Medieval Knight wasn't Celtic, but on the continent [...]

Not to belabor the point, but the continent would largely either be  Celtic, or Germanic (Teutonic)... Europe herself is largely one or the other in descent. And German stock is no less likely to be large in frame.

I make mention of it because of the dichotomy between histories as written by Darwinists and the actual gear on the ground. It takes a pretty big man to swing a broadsword, a battleaxe, or a warhammer,  while wearing 80+ pounds of chain and steel... And ride the modified plow-horses that became warhorses - Quite often left as studs to keep the fire in them.

I understand what science portrays, and I realize my point of view may be subjective, but in my experience, individual accounts, both historical and archaeological, paint a different picture.

And while I would accept an average soldier as being stunted by malnutrition, knights were of the nobility, and their direct men-at-arms were very well fed and given, every grace nobility could afford. I dare say they were not stunted at all, and probably ate better than you and i.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 07:30:49 pm »
@roamer_1 Point taken, especially about the nobility having the best food.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:05:32 pm »
Thank you gents for the fantastic convo.  You learn something old every day. :)

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 09:59:11 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/1999/01/13/books/books-of-the-times-silent-giants-as-guides-on-an-ancient-thoroughfare.html

@SunkenCiv

Hiya Sunk, been a while. Nice to see you.
And thanks for the reference to the book by Barber. I have long been a fan of Celtic origins in the Caucus Mountains, And have believed for some time that the Silk Road is as old as the Flood.

I don't know if I prefer her dispersion theory, but rather, would lean upon more substantial trade. A people divorced from their roots tend to assimilate in but a few hundred years, whereas these proto-Celts remained a distinct people. That suggests a constant influx of communication with their homeland. I would assert that trade was far more organized than folks assume.