Author Topic: Liberating Forces Find Tons of ISIS’ Chemical Weapons  (Read 1191 times)

rangerrebew

Liberating Forces Find Tons of ISIS’ Chemical Weapons
« on: July 04, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »
Liberating Forces Find Tons of ISIS’ Chemical Weapons

By Meira Svirsky Monday, July 3, 2017

Tons of chemical weapons belonging to Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) were discovered by Iraqi security forces which are in the final stages of liberating Mosul.

A documented obtained by a Russian news outlet from Iraqi police headquarters revealed that that Iraq forces discovered 32.5 tons of ammonium nitrate being stored on the right bank of the Tigris River in Mosul and in the city’s southernmost tip as well.

https://clarionproject.org/iraqi-forces-discover-tons-isis-chemical-weapons/
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 03:46:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Liberating Forces Find Tons of ISIS’ Chemical Weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 05:30:53 am »
ISIS previously used chemical gases against Iraqi security forces as well as the civilian population 10 times, including mustard and chlorine gases. The use of these chemicals caused dozens of casualties, among them children and soldiers.

So who has been bombing who with what in Syria?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 05:49:07 am »

That was exactly my first thought too.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 05:52:41 am »
That was exactly my first thought too.
Well, I noticed after most of the Arab Spring had been sprung, Obama was all hot to trot to depose Bashar Assad, too. Which gave me pause from the git-go, seeing how he and Hillary had done so well with Libya and Egypt, and seemed to be playing 'ring around the Med'...for the Caliphate.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 06:00:14 am »
Well, I noticed after most of the Arab Spring had been sprung, Obama was all hot to trot to depose Bashar Assad, too. Which gave me pause from the git-go, seeing how he and Hillary had done so well with Libya and Egypt, and seemed to be playing 'ring around the Med'...for the Caliphate.

Yep. That ain't bad thinking. Almost thankfully, Assad's tight alignment with Russia is putting a stop to the plans. If Russia had not backed Assad, they'd have overrun him by now, and Turkey would be on the chopping block
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 06:00:47 am by roamer_1 »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 06:24:51 am »

Read something about Sarin in Syria, not ammonium nitrate.  Read something about Israel bombing Syria's nuclear reactor.

Also from Clarion:

US Judge Rules Assad Helped Al-Qaeda Kill Americans
https://clarionproject.org/us-judge-rules-assad-helped-al-qaeda-kill-americans/

Oil and Gas Sales to the Syrian Regime Are Now ISIS’s Largest Source of Funds, Report Says
http://fortune.com/2017/01/20/oil-gas-isis-syria-assad/

The Assad Family: Nemesis of Nine U.S. Presidents

But, after the 2003 U.S. invasion of Iraq, Assad allowed thousands of foreign jihadis to cross his country’s three-hundred-and-seventy-five-mile border into Iraq to fight U.S. troops. In 2007, the C.I.A. corroborated Israeli intelligence that Syria, with North Korean blueprints and technicians, was building a secret nuclear reactor in the remote city of Deir Ezzor. Israeli warplanes attacked the site. "

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-assad-family-nemesis-of-nine-u-s-presidents

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2017, 06:28:54 am »

If it rings one's bell to support a dynasty that helped kill 250 US Marines, have at it. I certainly won't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Beirut_barracks_bombings
https://www.usatoday.com/story/nation/2013/10/23/marines-beirut-lebanon-hezbollah/3171593/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 06:29:51 am »
Anyone know the difference between ammonium nitrate and sarin? Geez.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 08:02:13 am »

I don't read Arabic to figure out whether the first two grafs refer to the same thing.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2017, 09:33:08 am »
Yeah, Tom I do. Ammonium Nitrate is fertilizer, but also a component of ANFO, a fairly common minimg explosive. Sarin is a Nerve Agent, also known as GB. Whatever WMDs were present in Iraq left for the Bekaa Valley in Syria on Russian Trucks before/during our invasion when we went after Saddam (that is, what wasn't left behind). The media covered up both, as a general rule. IIRC, sarin containing artillery shells were found in Iraq, among other nasty stuff.

Bashar Assad didn't take over as President there until 2000, so blaming this on him, or the Marine Barracks bombing in Beiruit is hardly accurate, not that I am defending his actions as President there. https://www.biography.com/people/bashar-al-assad-20878575#!
Hafez al-Assad died on June 10, 2000. In the days following his death, Syria's parliament quickly voted to lower the minimum age for presidential candidates from 40 to 34, so that Bashar could be eligible for the office. Ten days after Hafez's death, Bashar al-Assad was chosen for a seven-year term as president of Syria. In a public referendum, running unopposed, he received 97 percent of the vote. He was also selected leader of the Ba'ath Party and commander in chief of the military.
Dynasty or not, he is another  person, and was not the one in his family who would have been first pick for the job. Read the bio.

The question exists of whether terrorists would use whatever means they had at hand to bring the US in to fight a proxy war for them and eliminate an enemy. Would ISIS backed rebels use Sarin and blame Assad? Could conventional munitions have dispersed chemical weapons the rebels were intending on using? Certainly. With the media pushing for the ouster of Assad, and the Obama Administration's push to emplace Muslim Brotherhood affiliated governments in the region (which is what the "Arab Spring" was, and led to the strengthening of ISIS), anything which the media could use to push for US involvement would have been a plus for the Caliphate.

The situation in Syria was a civil war, an uprising, but not our business unless we were called in to assist a duly empowered government--in other words, not our circus. We were not bound by treaty or otherwise to be involved--unless WMDs were used by Assad, and that was not established, despite the MSM's howling. Without knowing who used them or if the release was inadvertent, we had no business there.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2017, 09:34:53 am »

Been asking that question all along.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2017, 09:37:43 am »
Been asking that question all along.
Me, too. Without that answer, we have no place in the fight except to help keep ISIS off the Kurds. ISIS is our enemy, iirc.

C S Lewis