Author Topic: Rand Paul: Republicans ‘Have Insufficient Confidence in What Made America Great’  (Read 397 times)

rangerrebew

Rand Paul: Republicans ‘Have Insufficient Confidence in What Made America Great’

(CNSNews.com) – Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), a repeal-and-replace advocate, says he wants to expand the number of people who get health insurance at a cheaper price.

“But I would do it through freedom of choice,” Paul told “Fox News Sunday.” I would do it through the marketplace, buying groups across state lines, and letting people save more money in HSAs.

Source URL: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/rand-paul-republicans-have-insufficient-confidence-what-made-america-great

Offline DB

People have come to believe that government can make things cheaper through regulation.

It always fails. Usually spectacularly if given enough time.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I know it's part of the Republican mantra, but I wish someone would explain how selling health insurance across state lines not only would save money, but is actually doable.   Are the Republicans proposing the federal government override each state's authority to regulate its own market?

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:31:30 am by Right_in_Virginia »