Author Topic: Senate asks for CBO score on Cruz’s healthcare proposal  (Read 1030 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Senate asks for CBO score on Cruz’s healthcare proposal
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:20:48 am »
Senate Republicans are asking the Congressional Budget Office to analyze a healthcare bill that includes changes proposed by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Axios reported Saturday.

They are also asking the independent scorekeeper to come out with an estimate on a healthcare bill without the proposed changes, in an effort to better understand the potential effects of Cruz's plan.

Cruz, who has said that he cannot vote for the Senate Republicans' healthcare bill in its current form, proposed an amendment to the measure this week that would allow health insurers to sell plans that do not meet the standards required by the Affordable Care Act.

Under that provision, insurance companies would still be required to sell at least one plan that meets the ACA's standards.

More: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/340386-senate-asks-for-cbo-score-on-cruzs-healthcare-proposal
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Senate asks for CBO score on Cruz’s healthcare proposal
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 02:35:08 am »
Saturday, July 01, 2017 http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2017/07/cbos-failed-obamacare-enrollment.html

CBO’s Failed Obamacare Enrollment Projections
The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has consistently failed to accurately predict how legislation will impact health insurance coverage. For example, in 2012, the CBO estimated that 25 million people would have coverage under Obamacare right now. According to a June 2017 report from HHS, only 10.3 million were actually enrolled. CBO’s guess was off by nearly 15 million people. And as the chart shows, CBO has consistently gotten it wrong.

The CBO’s history of inaccuracy is reason enough not to blindly trust its analysis of the Better Care Reconciliation Act (BCRA). In fact, CBO’s past inaccuracies contribute to its misleading analysis of insurance coverage under the BCRA. The starting point CBO uses to score the BCRA says that 15 million people should be enrolled through Obamacare’s exchanges right now – wrong again.

The CBO was wrong when it first analyzed Obamacare in 2010. And it was wrong when it updated its projections in 2012 and 2014. Even today, the CBO is using a starting point from 2016 to predict the impact of repealing and replacing Obamacare that has already been proven, well, wrong.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:20 pm »
I do hope this time the CBO is asked to estimate the number of Americans, not people, who will not have insurance.

From what I read last time, apparently the CBO framed its verbiage to include all people, whether legal or not.

Just as in the census, we need that clarification.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 11:06:51 pm »
They also count those who voluntary give up insurance because they only bought it for the mandate the same as those who legitimately had their policies canceled.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 03:02:17 am »
Senate Republicans are asking the Congressional Budget Office to analyze a healthcare bill that includes changes proposed by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Axios reported Saturday.

They are also asking the independent scorekeeper to come out with an estimate on a healthcare bill without the proposed changes, in an effort to better understand the potential effects of Cruz's plan.

Cruz, who has said that he cannot vote for the Senate Republicans' healthcare bill in its current form, proposed an amendment to the measure this week that would allow health insurers to sell plans that do not meet the standards required by the Affordable Care Act.

Under that provision, insurance companies would still be required to sell at least one plan that meets the ACA's standards.

More: http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/340386-senate-asks-for-cbo-score-on-cruzs-healthcare-proposal

What's the CBO score on losing all the Senate seats because of stupidity in refusing to look at Cruz's amendment?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 08:27:39 am »
What's the CBO score on losing all the Senate seats because of stupidity in refusing to look at Cruz's amendment?

I happen to know that answer - Our 20 trillion deficit increases to 40 trillion

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 07:41:03 pm »
I happen to know that answer - Our 20 trillion deficit increases to 40 trillion

Trump has moved into the light and is now proposing that we repeal Obamacare first and then work on a fix.

I'm counting on these two guys to help.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2017, 05:11:51 am »