Author Topic: 'Your worst nightmare: a successful Donald Trump presidency'  (Read 409 times)

Offline Concerned

Re: 'Your worst nightmare: a successful Donald Trump presidency'
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 01:28:47 am »
Although I didn’t vote for him, I would like nothing more than a “successful Donald Trump presidency”.  Unfortunately, I just don’t see it happening unless he changes significantly.   He continues to defocus his own Administration (and their communication message) with his juvenile tweets.  He seems to be betting his presidency on strong economic growth.  Maybe that will come, maybe it will not, but his lack of legislative achievements especially with a GOP Congress continues to concern me. 

The “great negotiator” doesn’t seem capable of grasping the details of healthcare, tax, foreign policy, or any other policy and leveraging that into real legislative results (despite the Republican Congress).   He seems content to simply play to his base of 35% or so of the population, and if that continues to be his strategy, I’m afraid he (or the GOP) will lose horribly to the Democrats in 2020.   I believe he could have been truly transformational, but his ego and impulsiveness are his undoing IMO:  sad and a huge missed opportunity (at least so far and IMO).   
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.