Author Topic: White House Signals Cruz-Lee May Save Healthcare Proposal This Summer  (Read 372 times)

Offline corbe

White House Signals Cruz-Lee May Save Healthcare Proposal This Summer

By Steve Berman  |  July 3, 2017, 04:00am  |  @stevengberman

The best path for getting Obamacare repealed may lie with Sens. Ted Cruz and Mike Lee, two conservative leaders whose plan gained key White House backing Sunday.

President Trump’s director of legislative affairs, Marc Short, appeared on Fox News Sunday, offering an olive branch to potentially remove Obamacare’s protections for pre-existing conditions. “We hope it’s part of the process of bringing everybody together,” Short said, alluding to Cruz’s “Consumer Choice” proposal.

“We support Senator Cruz and Senator Lee’s efforts,” Short said. “This is similar to efforts that transpired in the House, and we think it’s perfectly appropriate, his amendment.”

Short dismissed a grandstanding call for compromise from Democrat Minority Leader Chuck Schumer. Democrats would love for the GOP to pass their own version of Obamacare, left essentially untouched. They’d love to see a replacement plan with no repeal versus a repeal with a later replacement.

<..snip..>

http://theresurgent.com/white-house-signals-cruz-lee-may-save-healthcare-proposal-this-summer/?utm_content=social&utm_medium=@federalists_usa&utm_source=thenewamericana.com&utm_campaign=thefederalistparty.org
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Let's hope so!

I personally doubt that Mitch will go along with this.  I sincerely hope I'm wrong.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That makes two of us, @Bigun.

Offline kidd

A large majority of states (45, I think) already offer some sort of protection to both the insured and the insurer for pre-existing conditions.

Lee and Cruz are correct to leave this protection to the states.
This alone will keep insurance costs reasonable.