Author Topic: Church choir sings 'Make America Great Again' song to Trump  (Read 10992 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Church choir sings 'Make America Great Again' song to Trump
« Reply #200 on: July 06, 2017, 05:45:50 am »
The way that works is the LDS perform baptisms for the dead. It is presented to the dead person as a gift. The dead person can choose whether to recieve that gift or not.

Yes, I remember that now.  Interesting and mysterious because, I guess, the person cannot be saved without having been baptized.  Anyway, they did a great service to ancestry searchers.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2017, 09:15:56 pm »

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2017, 01:08:32 am »

Nutter was by no means alone in his hatred of Quakers. Laws were passed during his time imposing fines on the master of any vessel who brought a Quaker into the colony. Quakers who managed to set foot in the Colonies were supposed to be sent immediately to a house of correction, where they would receive 20 stripes and be confined to hard labor.

A later act levied a 40-shilling fine against anyone who harbored a Quaker for one hour. After the first conviction, the offender, if a man, would lose one ear; and upon the third conviction, the other ear. Offending women would be whipped each time. After four convictions, offenders–men and women alike–would have their tongue bored through with a hot iron.

Many Quakers came to America to escape religious persecution in Europe. They found it in new forms once they arrived."

One tenet of Quaker doctrine is that
they believe in non-violence in ALL situations,
including defense of self or anyone else.

According to legend, a Quaker was walking in the woods near Valley Forge
when he came upon George Washington praying.
He was so moved by the fervency of Washington's prayer
that he was persuaded that Washington was indeed doing the Lord's work.
The Quaker abandoned his beliefs
and joined Washington's army.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2017, 01:32:17 am »
Hey! Did you know if you go back 10 generations it took 1,022 people to come up with YOU? A person gets some dna from dads side. Some from moms side.  Like a V. In that 1,022 people that forms that V there is ahelluva lot of room for error.

Unless you're from the Middle East,  where you're EXPECTED to marry your cousin!
(Do a search on the term "consanguinity".)

Most people in the Middle East have A LOT fewer than 1022 ancestors
in their last ten generations.
Their family trees do not fork!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2017, 01:36:46 am »
Yes, I'm glad of that because how could we argue if there's no one to argue with.  And I do like to argue.

No, you don't!

(Just trying to oblige.)
 :tongue2:
   -- John Stuart Mill

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2017, 02:44:17 am »
No, you don't!

(Just trying to oblige.)
 :tongue2:

Hahahaha...
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.