Author Topic: Here's why the feds are investigating Bernie Sanders' wife Jane  (Read 365 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here's why the feds are investigating Bernie Sanders' wife Jane
by Todd Shepherd | Jul 3, 2017, 12:01 AM

The wife of Sen. Bernie Sanders is under federal investigation for her role in a land deal that went bad, and the Vermont senator has slammed reports of the investigation as "pathetic" and believes his wife to be "the most honest person I know."

Because Sanders hasn't ruled out a presidential run in 2020, any federal investigation has the potential to become disastrous or, at the very least, politically embarrassing. And because the scandal touches on the themes of education costs and six-figure severance packages – two issues that were central to Sanders' populist message – discussing the investigations at all could tarnish his brand as a champion of the little guy.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/heres-why-the-feds-are-investigating-bernie-sanders-wife-jane/article/2627530
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Here's why the feds are investigating Bernie Sanders' wife Jane
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:30:22 pm »
The senator and his wife have said that the investigations are politically motivated, and it is not disputed that the vice-chairman of the Vermont Republican party, Brady Toensing, likely got the ball rolling when he wrote a letter to the U.S. attorney for Vermont as well as to the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. in January of 2016 asking that they investigate the loan.

From what I've read, the FDIC is investigating the loan documents. Will it rise to the level of a crime? That's for the DOJ to decide. I trust the FDIC to perform a thorough investigation.

Remember the loan servicer Ocwen? Their stock price took a major hit a month or so ago, when it was announced that the CFPB and several states were taking them to court.

The FDIC was aware of issues with Ocwen several years ago. For about a year, they were an FDIC contractor to service home mortgage loans from failed institutions. I was a team member that conducted site visits of their offices in Florida and California. Very little got by us...during our last year, they and another company voluntarily withdrew from their contracts. Were we too tough on them? Hardly, we just held them to the provisions of the contract.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.