Author Topic: PBS poll: 70 percent say civility has dropped since Trump’s election  (Read 1882 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Todays bit of input from Captain Obvious.

PBS poll: 70 percent say civility has dropped since Trump’s election
© Getty Images

A majority of Americans in a new survey thinks civility has gotten worse since President Trump was elected.

A PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist Poll out early Monday found that 70 percent of Americans think civility has gotten worse since Trump's election.

Just 6 percent of Americans think civility is better now and 20 percent think it has stayed the same.

The poll also found that Americans trust the intelligence community and the courts the most and Congress and the media the least.

Sixty-one percent of respondents say they do not put much trust in the Trump administration.

That percentage is largely split among partisan lines, with 90 percent of Democrats saying they don't trust the Trump administration and 84 percent of Republicans saying the opposite.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/340484-poll-70-percent-say-civility-has-dropped-since-trumps-election
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Wait - what? Rioting, looting, assassination "jokes" and shooting MOCs are considered uncivil now?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
PBS and all Leftists think civility only exists when everyone agrees with them.

When people do not agree with them and their agenda why then... protests and riots and violence are 'necessary resistance' to 'right wing fascism'.

So now that the divide has been made manifest and irreparable, to blame the incivility on Trump alone showcases what one expects Leftists to do in terms of blaming their targets and dehumanizing them for creating a sense of moral duty to impose punishment or to do violence upon them.

That said, Trump has only widened this divide and encouraged reciprocal action and delight in 'payback'.  We now have divides that are irreconcilable and all that remains is how long it will take before enough of the mob recognizes we can no longer peaceably coexist with the other.

Where a society goes when it reaches the place we have now arrived, is historically, a horror and a terror.

I know, I know...

..that cannot happen here.

The truth is, yes it can and yes it is.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Night Hides Not

The other 30% are Trump voters shouting "MAGA"!   :whistle:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Guess people have forgot about the Bush years and Chimpybushhitler.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Todays bit of input from Captain Obvious.

PBS poll: 70 percent say civility has dropped since Trump’s election
© Getty Images

A majority of Americans in a new survey thinks civility has gotten worse since President Trump was elected.

A PBS NewsHour/NPR/Marist Poll out early Monday found that 70 percent of Americans think civility has gotten worse since Trump's election.

Just 6 percent of Americans think civility is better now and 20 percent think it has stayed the same.

The poll also found that Americans trust the intelligence community and the courts the most and Congress and the media the least.

Sixty-one percent of respondents say they do not put much trust in the Trump administration.

That percentage is largely split among partisan lines, with 90 percent of Democrats saying they don't trust the Trump administration and 84 percent of Republicans saying the opposite.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/340484-poll-70-percent-say-civility-has-dropped-since-trumps-election

Civility has gotten worse due to the accusations and antics from the Clinton administration, fake news and the liberal mentality in general.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Civility has gotten worse due to the accusations and antics from the Clinton administration, fake news and the liberal mentality in general.

Things have gotten less civil since Trump was elected with tweeted insults coming from him and gunfire from the left.

HonestJohn

Well... this thread's shown me that even conservatives have short memories.

How quick we forget Trump suggesting that his supporters punch protesters... and that his pay for their legal bills.

And don't think the Left didn't pick up on that.  It's a big reason why Antifa is so violent.  They are putting Trump's words into practice.

Some warned that we should be careful as to what we call for... as that allows the Left to do it.  But those who raised the warning flag were shouted down by those wanting a fight.

Now you've got one.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

A raucous and sometimes violent "Resistance Movement" ---promoted by the MSM, Hollywood and a vocal minority of Congress --- will have this effect. 

Offline Night Hides Not

Guess people have forgot about the Bush years and Chimpybushhitler.

Karl Rove's whiteboards are a bane to civil discourse in this country.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Wait - what? Rioting, looting, assassination "jokes" and shooting MOCs are considered uncivil now?

888high58888  @Snarknado

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

How quick we forget Trump suggesting that his supporters punch protesters... and that his pay for their legal bills.

And don't think the Left didn't pick up on that.  It's a big reason why Antifa is so violent.  They are putting Trump's words into practice.

Some warned that we should be careful as to what we call for... as that allows the Left to do it.  But those who raised the warning flag were shouted down by those wanting a fight.

Now you've got one.

Blaming leftist violence on Trump? I guess the leftist violence in the 60s and 70s, was due to Nixon by your reasoning.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Blaming leftist violence on Trump? I guess the leftist violence in the 60s and 70s, was due to Nixon by your reasoning.

Nixon wasn't egging them on with absurd 'finger-in-the-eye-threats' and Tweets or riling up campaign crowds cheering the promise of payback.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline skeeter

Now you've got one.

Trump only said that after Obama told his supporters to 'get in the face' of those who disagreed.

So there goes your theory.

Offline truth_seeker

Trump only said that after Obama told his supporters to 'get in the face' of those who disagreed.

So there goes your theory.
Like practically every #nevertrump, media and democrat charge, this too proves to be without basis.

Nothing new. It is just the same old daily game they play.

Offline truth_seeker

Nixon wasn't egging them on with absurd 'finger-in-the-eye-threats' and Tweets or riling up campaign crowds cheering the promise of payback.

Oh yeah? I guess you were not in uniform in those days. I just had a conversation a few weeks ago, with a HS classmate of mine, who served as a helicopter gunner, and was spit upon in the airport upon his return.

VP Agnew called the press, the "nattering nabob of negatism." Sept. 1970.

Kent State, May 1970. Four dead, in Ohio. Where were you?

Oceander

From PBS?  The respondents must have been talking about themselves and their ilk. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Oh yeah? I guess you were not in uniform in those days. I just had a conversation a few weeks ago, with a HS classmate of mine, who served as a helicopter gunner, and was spit upon in the airport upon his return.

VP Agnew called the press, the "nattering nabob of negatism." Sept. 1970.

Kent State, May 1970. Four dead, in Ohio. Where were you?

Riding a bicycle.

Notwithstanding the activities of my youth, please provide the quote, statement or Tweet whereby Nixon stuck his finger in the eye of the media or the Hippies and instigated them to riot via your absurd equivocation of my comment regarding Trump's instigation of Leftists/Antifa and other other assorted Leftist morons out there.

Offline truth_seeker

Riding a bicycle.

Figured as much.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Figured as much.

Yep....we've actually seen this 'movie' already.   Some of us, up close and personal.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Suppressed

Notwithstanding the activities of my youth, please provide the quote, statement or Tweet whereby Nixon stuck his finger in the eye of the media or the Hippies and instigated them to riot via your absurd equivocation of my comment regarding Trump's instigation of Leftists/Antifa and other other assorted Leftist morons out there.

Don't hold your breath for an answer. 
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline truth_seeker

Don't hold your breath for an answer.
You can stop holding your breath.

I painted a true picture, of earlier times when America had violence in the streets, and the sitting VP talked tough.

The press and the democrats disliked Nixon, just as #nevertrump, the press and democrats do now.

If you cannot grasp it, ask around of your parents, boomer friends, etc.

Or read for yourselves results from this google "60s 70s violence" (I don't need a "quote, statement or Tweet" since I was in the midst of it in the military), not pedaling my tricycle. 

https://www.google.com/search?num=20&newwindow=1&q=60s+70s+violence+&oq=60s+70s+violence+&gs_l=serp.12...435064.444766.0.448458.17.17.0.0.0.0.311.1844.11j5j0j1.17.0....0...1.1.64.serp..0.15.1658...0j0i131k1j0i20k1j0i22i30k1j0i22i10i30k1j33i160k1j33i21k1._1LhEoE_uUo

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:41:14 pm by truth_seeker »

Offline corbe

Jeez, I just wish that #nevertrump label would just go away, but alas, it is such a volatile label and apparently, still works (on me at least).  Looked for the nevertrump tombstone found this one more appropriate, I hope you don't mind @truth_seeker

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Figured as much.

Just because you are an older fart than I am, doesn't make you any more special in my book.

Offline LadyLiberty

Now you've got one.

My thoughts exactly, there was just as much incivility during the election.