Author Topic: SAS 'ROGUE KILLERS' SAS soldiers ‘executed dozens of unarmed Afghan civilians and covered up the killings’, probe claims  (Read 569 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
SAS 'ROGUE KILLERS' SAS soldiers ‘executed dozens of unarmed Afghan civilians and covered up the killings’, probe claims

A rogue unit of the elite special forces is accused of shooting dead suspected Taliban insurgents on night raids in 2011
By Tess De La Mare
2nd July 2017, 12:00 am   Updated: 2nd July 2017, 12:01 am

SAS soldiers covered up the killings of dozens of unarmed Afghan civilians, according to a probe.

The men were said to be from a rogue unit which shot dead suspected Taliban insurgents on night raids.

In one case from 2011 the British soldiers allegedly handcuffed and hooded their targets before shooting them dead.

They are also suspected of planting pistols on victims as well as falsifying mission reports so it appeared Afghan special forces partners were to blame.

The potential war crimes were uncovered by Royal Military Police investigators working on Operation Northmoor, run from a military bunker in Cornwall.

The allegations were said to be supported by drone film, while bullets retrieved from victims’ bodies were of a type used by the SAS, according to The Sunday Times.

Continued: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3928163/sas-soldiers-executed-civilians-afghanistan-killings-probe-claims/

The Sunday Times reports this; not sure what to make of this but this is being reported per their story in many outlets.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
This is real bad if true; I'm certainly not assuming it is so.

This would be like Abu Ghraib times 100.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm gonna take incoming for saying this, but sounds like a perfectly appropriate way to deal with the taliban to me.

Should be done with isis, as well.

We -do- want to win, don't we?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I'm gonna take incoming for saying this, but sounds like a perfectly appropriate way to deal with the taliban to me.

Should be done with isis, as well.

We -do- want to win, don't we?

I agree.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley