Author Topic: Severe headaches plague vets with traumatic brain injuries  (Read 548 times)

rangerrebew

Severe headaches plague vets with traumatic brain injuries
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:33:36 am »
Severe headaches plague vets with traumatic brain injuries
June 21, 2017

(HealthDay)—U.S. veterans who have suffered traumatic brain injuries may struggle with severe headaches years later, a new study finds.

The study included 172 vets who served in Afghanistan or Iraq between 2 and 11 years before the study began. Half suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) during deployment; half did not.

A TBI is caused by a bump, blow or jolt to the head that disrupts normal brain function. Besides headache, it can lead to post-traumatic stress, depression and sleep disorders, as well as problems with thinking and muscle control, the researchers explained.

Read more at: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2017-06-severe-headaches-plague-vets-traumatic.html#jCp

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Severe headaches plague vets with traumatic brain injuries
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 12:59:52 am »
Have you heard of the use of magnetic resonance therapy to help veterans and others with these kind of issues?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Severe headaches plague vets with traumatic brain injuries
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:44:03 am »
Send them to a chiropractor to check their necks. Seriously. Atlas/Axis misalignment causes tortuous headaches.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis