Author Topic: The Bravery It Took CNN To Track Down A Private Citizen Can’t Be Overstated  (Read 467 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We’re possibly on the verge of a war with North Korea, the opioid epidemic is sweeping across America, and jobs are too hard to find in many parts of the country, but CNN bravely didn’t waste its time focusing on that minor and irrelevant stuff.

Instead, it spent its time outing Reddit users. Fake journalists focus on the issues facing America, and real journalists worry about what random people do on Reddit. If you don’t understand the difference, then you’re probably in the former group.

CNN naturally took sometime to pat itself on the back for not revealing the user’s real name.

“CNN is not publishing “HanA**holeSolo’s” name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same,” Kaczynski wrote.

Just class-A stuff over here from CNN. Nothing says hero status like having to remind the world you could destroy a private citizen’s life, but instead have decided not to. So humble and brave.

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/the-bravery-it-took-cnn-to-track-down-a-private-citizen-cant-be-overstated/
The Republic is lost.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Censorship is the goal of the free press.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Exciting that the media can track down and intimidate a private citizen, but cannot find Hildabeast's missing e-mails or even report about what happened at Benghazi or the billions pocketed by politicians - oh, and they are still looking for evidence of Russia stealing the election for Trump.

But hey - some moron on Twitter making a mockery of kingmakers - why, why then... THEN.. the full might of investigative JOURNOLISM comes bearing down upon the mere mortals and useless eaters of flyover country!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

While CNN was screaming that Trump's tweet would put journalists in harms way, I read a tweet from somebody, unfortunately I can't remember who, that replied that would never be a problem at CNN.  I'm still chuckling over it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:41:57 am by anubias »