Author Topic: University of Maryland Investigates Plastic Wrap as 'Possible Hate-Bias'  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The University of Maryland is investing a piece of plastic found on campus as a “possible hate-bias” incident.

In an email sent to students and a subsequent statement on their website, the University of Maryland wrote, “Earlier today, we were notified of a knotted piece of plastic wrap laying on the ground in the 7500 block of Baltimore Ave. An officer met with two individuals who were walking south when they noticed the item. Police were notified out of concern for possible hate-bias.”

Despite police investigating the plastic as a “possible hate-bias” incident, according to the statement, preliminary police reports show “this type of material is used to contain and protect loose items during transport.”

However, the statement continues, “Out of an abundance of caution, we are looking into this matter and conducting a review of our cameras in the area.”

The statement asks anyone with information to contact the University of Maryland Police Department.

The University of Maryland student newspaper, the Diamondback, reports the plastic wrap happened to be a “knotted piece of plastic wrap resembling a noose.”

According to the Diamondback, students were upset the police reportedly “initially dismissed the wrap as trash.”

Read more at: http://www.mrctv.org/blog/university-maryland-investigates-plastic-wrap-possible-hate-bias
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Can you say "bat-guano hysteria" ??

I knew you could!

Wingnut

Someone finds an old twisted used empty pot baggie on the ground and everyone loses their minds.

GTFO.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Someone finds an old twisted used empty pot baggie on the ground and everyone loses their minds.

GTFO.
Yeah, I was wondering what sort of drug residues were in that baggie corner....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rodamala

Yeah, I was wondering what sort of drug residues were in that baggie corner....

Probably pironolactone, flutamide, finasteride, or estrogen.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Probably pironolactone, flutamide, finasteride, or estrogen.
Spironolactone?  But yeah, I get your drift. I wonder if they're snorting it or smoking it, or just mainlining it?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is satire, right?  Not very funny or clever satire, but still satire?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I tie knots all the time just to do something with my hands.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Tom Wrapping

This is the kind of plastic wrap that has them all hiding under their beds.
It keeps goods stable on a pallet.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

I tie knots all the time just to do something with my hands.

Saw a young lady once (or maybe it was thrice) who could do the same thing....with her tongue.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:35:21 am by Wingnut »