Author Topic: Atlantis Unearthed – Do Surprising Underwater Scans Show Lost Architecture on the Sea Floor?  (Read 1000 times)

rangerrebew

29 June, 2017 - 22:57 Cliff Dunning
Atlantis Unearthed – Do Surprising Underwater Scans Show Lost Architecture on the Sea Floor?

In his poems of the Iliad, the Greek Philosopher Homer introduces us to the mythical city of Troy, which remained a curiosity to many until the late 1870’s when Heinrich Schliemann, on a hunch, began excavating the remains of an ancient city in Turkey. Although he was an amateur archaeologist and his methods considered somewhat outlandish, Schliemann would evidentially find Troy and confirm its place on history.

Most historians consider Plato’s description of Atlantis, written in Timaeus, was simple story-telling as told to him by Solon, an Athenian traveler, and not a true place in Earth’s historic past. And yet, on closer inspection, we learn that Solon had heard about Atlantis from Egyptian priests who described the true antiquity of Earth and civilizations that had come and gone in the distant past.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-americas/atlantis-unearthed-do-surprising-underwater-scans-show-lost-architecture-sea-021468
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:47:13 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
This kind of thing is always of interest to me, but I'm always prepared to be disappointed.

Radar images from above, okay, needs a follow-up.

The follow-up, side-scan, also now requires a follow-up.

BTW, given the necessary age of such a submerged structure, there's no reason to expect any similarities with Mayan architecture, due to the thousands of years gap.

Sidebar: in CW Ceram, there was an anecdote about a Central American pyramid that was on one corner buried by a volcanic eruption, and since at the time (and until recently) Mayan script couldn't be read, geologists were asked to date the lava flow, without having anything else explained to them.  20,000 years.  Whoops.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's nice to see you posting, @SunkenCiv.  I've wondered where you went!

Wingnut

We can watch it on an upcoming History Channel new 3 part special  titled, "Atlantis: The Lost Evidence"  it will air immediately after a repeat airing of the award winning docunetory, “Amelia Earhart: The Lost Evidence,” which will then be followed by, "Hysteree: A channel of fake news".

Offline SunkenCiv

• This is SunkenCiv.
  • I'm Junger than that now.
    • Gods, Graves, Glyphs (we're new)
It's nice to see you posting, @SunkenCiv.  I've wondered where you went!
I've taken a few days off, and instead of getting any real-world tasks done, I've been catching up online.  Should have been born rich instead of good-lookin'.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Gods, Graves, Glyphs forum (we're new) Darwin Central (posting as Ned Ludlam) my FR posts, SunkenCiv?, FR topic by nuconvert

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I've taken a few days off, and instead of getting any real-world tasks done, I've been catching up online.  Should have been born rich instead of good-lookin'.

Yeah, me too.   *****rollingeyes*****