Author Topic: Mark Levin Slams ‘Bad Lounge Act’ Morning Joe, Compares Scarborough to Banjo Player in Deliverance  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

@Old Warrior in Exile

Yeah, that's really what the country needs...tweeting about bloody cosmetic surgery.  Impressive.

At least we're open about it now---it isn't about advancing conservatism or getting things done.  It's about winning the slapfight.

It's been my experience @CatherineofAragon that today's conservatism knows nothing about winning --- anything.    But judging and misunderstanding... now these are areas of expertise.    Go figure.   :shrug:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 02:58:37 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Go ahead, retreat from the battlefield of reality. By all means, don't get any of the blood and guts on yourself.

Leave that for real political warriors.

:thumbsup3:  Well said @truth_seeker

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It's been my experience @CatherineofAragon that today's conservatism knows nothing about winning --- anything.    But judging and misunderstanding... now these are areas of expertise.    Go figure.   :shrug:

That's okay.

It's been my experience of late that today's Republicans know nothing about principles, morality, decency or character either.  But "winning" no matter the cost or what has to be done to achieve the appearance of winning and payback vendettas.. . which apparently are now their areas of 'expertise'.  Go figure. :shrug:
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
That's okay.

It's been my experience of late that today's Republicans know nothing about principles, morality, decency or character either.  But "winning" no matter the cost or what has to be done to achieve the appearance of winning and payback vendettas.. . which apparently are now their areas of 'expertise'.  Go figure. :shrug:

Its exactly why @CatherineofAragon is better than every last one of them put together.

That's okay.

It's been my experience of late .../

Ah, @INVAR --- after reading a few of your previous posts, methinks we've all learned enough about your experiences.   Please, no more sharing.   :smokin:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:29:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Ah, after reading a few of your previous posts, methinks we've all learned enough about your experiences.   Please, no more sharing.   :smokin:

Same to you.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline rodamala

@INVAR

Lol, wow. I read the entire article and it looks like Levin is another one who can be written off. 

Wouldn't have expected it, but it is what it is.

I have not listened to Levin since the election.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Ah, @INVAR --- after reading a few of your previous posts, methinks we've all learned enough about your experiences.   Please, no more sharing.   :smokin:

@INVAR, please disregard the snarky "advice" in this sad attempt at a smackdown. Continue sharing. I speak for many. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Cripplecreek

I have not listened to Levin since the election.

The abandonment of principles was something I can't abide.

@INVAR, please disregard the snarky "advice" in this sad attempt at a smackdown. Continue sharing. I speak for many.

It wasn't snarky @AllThatJazzZ ... the sharing I was referring to by @INVAR was Post 63 on the Tillerson thread ....the shower scene with his wife.  I do hope he deletes it.

Offline Cripplecreek

Mark Levin plays Squealin Ned to Trump's toothless hillbilly.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
It wasn't snarky @AllThatJazzZ ... the sharing I was referring to by @INVAR was Post 63 on the Tillerson thread ....the shower scene with his wife.  I do hope he deletes it.

Maybe you can get Wingy to retract his statement that brought the reply in the first place before I consider removing my tomé to Mel Brooks.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

Since you're referring to a post on a different thread, your comment makes no sense in the context of this thread. You failed to provide a link to the post by @INVAR that's got you upset. If it's inappropriate, did you report it to the mod(s)?

BTW, question for anyone who can educate me on this: When I first started posting to discussion boards back in the 90s, one of the rules of etiquette was that participants refrained from taking grievances from thread to thread. Is that still part of message board etiquette, or has it been done away with? I'd be appreciative if the mods on the board could direct me to the board rules that would address my question.

Pinging mods for answers...
@Mod1
@Mod2
@MOD3
@MOD4
@mystery-ak

TIA!

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Since you're referring to a post on a different thread, your comment makes no sense in the context of this thread. You failed to provide a link to the post by @INVAR that's got you upset. If it's inappropriate, did you report it to the mod(s)?

BTW, question for anyone who can educate me on this: When I first started posting to discussion boards back in the 90s, one of the rules of etiquette was that participants refrained from taking grievances from thread to thread. Is that still part of message board etiquette, or has it been done away with? I'd be appreciative if the mods on the board could direct me to the board rules that would address my question.

Pinging mods for answers...
@Mod1
@Mod2
@MOD3
@MOD4
@mystery-ak

TIA!

It is common courtesy not to do this along with mentioning another member when he/she hasn't posted unless pinging.

Don't bring arguments from one thread to another.

Thanks ATJ...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
andy wrote:
"Truth is, the kid was pretty damn good."

The kid in Deliverance wasn't playing the banjo.

His real name is Billy Redden and he didn't even know how to play banjo. (Aside: I do)
He got paid about $50 for that scene.
If you look really close, you can see that somebody else's left arm is doing the fingering on the neck.

The banjo you hear in the soundtrack was actually played by Eric Weissberg, who is a classically-trained musician who went to Julliard in New York!

Billy back then... and today:

Online berdie

andy wrote:
"Truth is, the kid was pretty damn good."

The kid in Deliverance wasn't playing the banjo.

His real name is Billy Redden and he didn't even know how to play banjo. (Aside: I do)
He got paid about $50 for that scene.
If you look really close, you can see that somebody else's left arm is doing the fingering on the neck.

The banjo you hear in the soundtrack was actually played by Eric Weissberg, who is a classically-trained musician who went to Julliard in New York!

Billy back then... and today:

Wow! I had no idea. All this time I thought the kid was a child prodigy. Not that I doubt you, but now I'll have to find a copy of Deliverance to watch.