Author Topic: Mark Levin Slams ‘Bad Lounge Act’ Morning Joe, Compares Scarborough to Banjo Player in Deliverance  (Read 2744 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Mark Levin Slams ‘Bad Lounge Act’ Morning Joe, Compares Scarborough to Banjo Player in Deliverance
Mediaite, Jun 29, 2017

On Thursday night, Mark Levin shared his thoughts about President Trump‘s tweets attacking MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski.

<snip>

The conservative talk show host said the only reason why he objects to Trump’s tweet because he “jacked up the ratings for that nonsensical show.”

He then said this: 

“But here’s the bottom line. You attack a man repeatedly who’s a proud man, who’s an accomplished man, who is a man’s man. You attack him personally. You attack him for his looks. You attack him for his genitalia. And at some point, a man’s gonna stand up. You want him to act presidential? Then you have respect for the office of the president.”
Levin added that he doesn’t condone the tweet, but said it “wasn’t the end of the world” either.

More with video:  http://www.mediaite.com/online/mark-levin-slams-bad-lounge-act-morning-joe-compares-scarborough-to-banjo-player-in-deliverance/

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:21:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
How sadly disappointing to learn he too has drunk the Kool-Aid.

I recall how insanely enraged Levin would get at any elected representative who attempted to publicly shame or embarrass him and his show, saying they had no authority to use their station and pulpit to attack private citizens.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

I recall how insanely enraged Levin would get at any elected representative who attempted to publicly shame or embarrass him and his show, saying they had no authority to use their station and pulpit to attack private citizens.

@INVAR

Lol, wow. I read the entire article and it looks like Levin is another one who can be written off. 

Wouldn't have expected it, but it is what it is. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Lol, wow. I read the entire article and it looks like Levin is another one who can be written off. 

Wouldn't have expected it, but it is what it is.

I turned all of talk radio off.  For decades I was an avid listener first with Rush and then to others that would follow his show Central time.  Levin was a very welcome addition when he became clean-up hitter and I rejoiced when he went from 2 to 3 hours.

But, after I dumped Limbaugh during the primaries - I held onto listening to Levin - even was a charter subscriber to Levin TV - and come late October when he too illustrated he could talk the talk of dumping the GOP for all their betrayals - but not walk the walk he so routinely admonished others for not walking - he too I pulled the plug on and stopped watching Levin TV.  I let my paid subscription expire in February or March of this year and never watched his show after it migrated to whatever that new network is.

Herd mentalities often overtake a society that is in decline and watching the formerly 'right side of the aisle' become as principle-less and excusatory of antithetical behaviors as long as it's their guy, helps me recognize a key aspect of prophetical scripture that foretells a time of deceit that would be so widespread, if God allows it, even the Elect can be deceived.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 09:21:18 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I turned all of talk radio off. 

That is a huge sacrifice for a political junkie, but rejoice the fact it provides for you to Virtue Signal your righteousness.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Silver Pines

I turned all of talk radio off.  For decades I was an avid listener first with Rush and then to others that would follow his show Central time.  Levin was a very welcome addition when he became clean-up hitter and I rejoiced when he went from 2 to 3 hours.

But, after I dumped Limbaugh during the primaries - I held onto listening to Levin - even was a charter subscriber to Levin TV - and come late October when he too illustrated he could talk the talk of dumping the GOP for all their betrayals - but not walk the walk he so routinely admonished others for not walking - he too I pulled the plug on and stopped watching Levin TV.  I let my paid subscription expire in February or March of this year and never watched his show after it migrated to whatever that new network is.

Herd mentalities often overtake a society that is in decline and watching the formerly 'right side of the aisle' become as principle-less and excusatory of antithetical behaviors as long as it's their guy, helps me recognize a key aspect of prophetical scripture that foretells a time of deceit that would be so widespread, if God allows it, even the Elect can be deceived.

@INVAR

To be honest, I haven't listened to Levin since the election.  I know he always threatens to be done with the GOP when, come on, we know he'll never make good on it.  But if he's going to start excusing the inexcusable and indulging in whataboutism, he can go his way. 

Dana Loesch is the only one of them I listen to, and it's because she's funny.  I like her hard core 2nd Amendment stance, and she agrees with me on things beyond the political sphere. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
That is a huge sacrifice for a political junkie, but rejoice the fact it provides for you to Virtue Signal your righteousness.
I don't care what you want to call it.

When one recognizes the abject corruption of the entire institution of politics and anything connected to it - 'sacrifice' by removing oneself from being immersed in it, is common sense if one does not wish to be infected by it.

Offline truth_seeker

I don't care what you want to call it.

When one recognizes the abject corruption of the entire institution of politics and anything connected to it - 'sacrifice' by removing oneself from being immersed in it, is common sense if one does not wish to be infected by it.
Go ahead, retreat from the battlefield of reality. By all means, don't get any of the blood and guts on yourself.

Leave that for real political warriors. 

Silver Pines

“But here’s the bottom line. You attack a man repeatedly who’s a proud man, who’s an accomplished man, who is a man’s man. You attack him personally. You attack him for his looks. You attack him for his genitalia. And at some point, a man’s gonna stand up. You want him to act presidential? Then you have respect for the office of the president.”

Looking at this quote of Levin's is really incredible.  "You attack a proud man"----so I guess we should humor egotists and their pride? 

"A man's man"---oh,just stop.  When did a pampered guy who lives in a Manhattan penthouse with a gold toilet become a man's man?  As a woman, that is most definitely not my idea of one.  Besides, a "man's man" has at least some degree of restraint and knows when to pick his battles.  He doesn't need  people running around to protect him and defend him every time his insecurity makes him lash out.

"You attack him for his looks"---like he attacked Heidi Cruz?  Carly Fiorina?  He's getting what he dished out.

"You attack him for his genitalia"---which would never have become a subject in the first place if Trump hadn't become the first candidate in history to brag on the size of his privates on a worldwide stage.

Silver Pines

Go ahead, retreat from the battlefield of reality. By all means, don't get any of the blood and guts on yourself.

@truth_seeker

Warriors tweet about women and their bleeding facelifts?

Offline truth_seeker

@truth_seeker

Question: Do you approve of all or most of this President's agenda? Would you like for it, to succeed?

Do you notice most Republicans and conservatives also support it?

Silver Pines

Question: Do you approve of all or most of this President's agenda? Would you like for it, to succeed?

Do you notice most Republicans and conservatives also support it?

I'll wait for you to answer my question first.

Offline Frank Cannon

So now you have "drunk the kool aid" if you think the DNC talking points bullshit spewed by a person involved in an interns death and a bubble headed moron are a shit show.

Guessing you are one of the three fans they have.

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

@truth_seeker

And, what is the problem with that?

She's a nasty, left-wing scumbag. It's high time these people felt a boot in their asses.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Offline Rivergirl

Looking at this quote of Levin's is really incredible.  "You attack a proud man"----so I guess we should humor egotists and their pride? 

"A man's man"---oh,just stop.  When did a pampered guy who lives in a Manhattan penthouse with a gold toilet become a man's man?  As a woman, that is most definitely not my idea of one.  Besides, a "man's man" has at least some degree of restraint and knows when to pick his battles.  He doesn't need  people running around to protect him and defend him every time his insecurity makes him lash out.

"You attack him for his looks"---like he attacked Heidi Cruz?  Carly Fiorina?  He's getting what he dished out.

"You attack him for his genitalia"---which would never have become a subject in the first place if Trump hadn't become the first candidate in history to brag on the size of his privates on a worldwide stage.

You have summed up the totally ludicrous defense of DT by Levin.   Wonder what dirt DT has on some of these toadies.

Online andy58-in-nh

Joe Scarborough may be the banjo player, but Donald is playing right along with him.

Truth is, the kid was pretty damn good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yt9R0I3gSk
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Silver Pines

And, what is the problem with that?

She's a nasty, left-wing scumbag. It's high time these people felt a boot in their asses.

@Old Warrior in Exile

Yeah, that's really what the country needs...tweeting about bloody cosmetic surgery.  Impressive.

At least we're open about it now---it isn't about advancing conservatism or getting things done.  It's about winning the slapfight.

Silver Pines

You have summed up the totally ludicrous defense of DT by Levin.   Wonder what dirt DT has on some of these toadies.

@Rivergirl

I just think they've all gone nuts.

Online andy58-in-nh

@Old Warrior in Exile

Yeah, that's really what the country needs...tweeting about bloody cosmetic surgery.  Impressive.

At least we're open about it now---it isn't about advancing conservatism or getting things done.  It's about winning the slapfight.

And that, right there, is a succinct summary of our problem.

Mud fights are great spectacle, but accomplish nothing in and of themselves.

As a means of distracting the opposition though, they are not entirely useless... if you are intent on acting purposefully while the other side is distracted.

Otherwise, it's just cheap and stupid entertainment.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

And that, right there, is a succinct summary of our problem.

Mud fights are great spectacle, but accomplish nothing in and of themselves.

As a means of distracting the opposition though, they are not entirely useless... if you are intent on acting purposefully while the other side is distracted.

Otherwise, it's just cheap and stupid entertainment.

Exactly.

Keep them off balance while you strike vital areas. Otherwise, your tactics of distraction are for naught.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

I fight the fundamental battles you hold in disdain or have have absolutely no interest in or think stupid, silly and self-righteous.  I fight for those things that are the foundational core of the liberty our Founders fought to achieve that you and your kind find absolutely no use for.

You're stuck fighting in a schoolyard sandbox of politics thinking yourself affecting an enemy you have already surrendered fundamental principles to.

I'll choose my own ground on which to fight for those things your party has abandoned wholesale.  I'll choose my own ground and my own weapons amidst blind fools corrupted by the very antithetical ideas my whole being is opposed.

That is my reality.

You go ahead and keep punching the winds of superficiality of today's corrupted politics.

You mean propagandists for party and politician whose whole being are diminished to justifying juvenile and abusive behavior by our supposed leaders?

Those are not warriors.

Just Ministers of propaganda for a cult of personality.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
So now you have "drunk the kool aid" if you think the DNC talking points bullshit spewed by a person involved in an interns death and a bubble headed moron are a shit show.

Guessing you are one of the three fans they have.

No, only two fans they have Frank.

I don't watch anything on TV - and wouldn't be watching their stupid show even if I still had cable.

I was referencing the Kool-Aid of justifying Trump's juvenile behavior and having to explain it for us simpletons to understand and excuse or applaud.

I'm not one to partake in such refreshment.

@Old Warrior in Exile

You know that I like and respect you, @CatherineofAragon.

I wanted to get that out of the way first, lest you take what I say as an insult.

But, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Tell me about the advancing conservatism.

Being a conservative doesn't mean that you have to be passive.

Being a conservative means protecting our country against our enemies both foreign and domestic.

In case you haven't noticed in the last few years, we have quite a few domestic enemies who want to take our Republic down as much as any foreign entity. I fail to see what is wrong with giving them a slap every now and then.

Silver Pines

You know that I like and respect you, @CatherineofAragon.

I wanted to get that out of the way first, lest you take what I say as an insult.

But, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Tell me about the advancing conservatism.

Being a conservative doesn't mean that you have to be passive.

Being a conservative means protecting our country against our enemies both foreign and domestic.

In case you haven't noticed in the last few years, we have quite a few domestic enemies who want to take our Republic down as much as any foreign entity. I fail to see what is wrong with giving them a slap every now and then.

@Old Warrior in Exile

Being conservative means having the ability to discern between true fighting and flailing like a buffoon.  Bottom line, you don't win by becoming the very thing you hate.