Author Topic: Israeli jets strike Syrian military positions near Golan Heights  (Read 403 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Israeli jets strike Syrian military positions near Golan Heights
Syrian government positions hit inside Syria after projectiles were launched into an open area in the northern Golan Heights
An Israeli F-15 at Hatzerim base in the Negev desert, near Beer Sheva, on 29 June, 2017 (AFP)

MEE and agencies
Friday 30 June 2017 13:56 UTC
The Israeli Air Force had targeted a number of Syrian military positions after a round of projectiles were fired into an open space inside the occupied Golan Heights, the Israeli army said.

"A projectile fired from Syria hit an open area in the northern Golan Heights," an Israeli army statement said, referring to the territory seized from Syria in the Six Day War of 1967.

"The errant projectile is a result of internal fighting in Syria," it added, saying there were no reports of casualties.

According to al-Masdar, a pro-Syrian government media outlet, no casualties were reported from the artillery shells that were fired from the Israeli jets.

It was the fourth time in a week there has been stray fire across the armistice line as Syrian troops battle rebels on the other side.

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/israeli-jets-strike-syrian-military-positions-near-golan-heights-988119908

But I wonder if Israel knows if these projectiles fired come from the Syrian government or the Rebel/Militant groups?

Wingnut

Re: Israeli jets strike Syrian military positions near Golan Heights
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:55:21 pm »
"The mortar fell while Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was visiting Katzrin, a town in another part of the Golan Heights about 20 km (12.5 miles) from the area that has experienced most of the recent stray fire from Syria.

"While I was speaking, I said here that we will not tolerate errant shooting and we will respond to all firing. During my speech, there was errant fire from the Syrian side that landed in our territory and the army has already attacked," Netanyahu said.  Whoever attacks us, we attack them. This is our policy and we will continue to implement it."

Nuff Said.