Author Topic: Multiple states reject request from Trump's voter fraud commission to provide voter roll data  (Read 837 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Multiple states reject request from Trump's voter fraud commission to provide voter roll data
Washington Examiner, Jun 30, 2017, Josh Siegel

Officials in at least five states say they will reject a request by President Trump's voter fraud commission to turn over all publicly available voter roll data.

By late Thursday evening California, Kentucky, Virginia, Massachusetts and Connecticut signaled resistance to the request citing concerns over privacy, politics and one of the commission's top officials.

In a letter sent Wednesday to all 50 secretaries of state, the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity's vice chairman — Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach — requests the full names of all registered voters, their addresses, dates of birth, the last four digits of their Social Security numbers, voting history and other personal information.

The letter says that any documents submitted to the commission will also be made available to the public.

Alex Padilla, California's Democratic secretary of state, was the first to object to the request, releasing a statement Thursday vowing that he will "not provide sensitive voter information" to a commission that is pursuing "debunked claims of massive voter fraud."

"As secretary of state, it is my duty to ensure the integrity of our elections and to protect the voting rights and privacy of our state's voters," Padilla said. "I will not provide sensitive voter information to a commission that has already inaccurately passed judgement that millions of Californians voted illegally. California's participation would only to legitimize the false and already debunked claims of massive voter fraud made by the president, the vice president, and Mr. Kobach."

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/california-rejects-request-from-trumps-voter-fraud-commission-to-provide-voter-roll-data/article/2627525

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It looks like the Commission forgot to ask for the voter's date of death. 

Offline skeeter

Aren't state election results certified by the FEC?

Offline Suppressed

State issue. Each state has a set number of electors. Not a Fed issue unless we go to popular vote or some other idiocy.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn