Author Topic: McConnell and Cruz team up on GOP health care amendment  (Read 660 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
McConnell and Cruz team up on GOP health care amendment
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:02:25 pm »
McConnell and Cruz team up on GOP health care amendment

By Gabby Morrongiello 
June 29, 2017 | 3:42pm

WASHINGTON – Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell​ (R-Ky.)​ ​is working closely with Sen. Ted Cruz ​(R-Texas) ​​on​​​​ an amendment that could solve Republicans’ health​ ​care woes, sources told The Post on Thursday.

Desperate to ink a deal ​to replace​​ Obamacare, Cruz ​has urged McConnell to adjust the Senate bill to allow insurers to offer plans that do not comply with standards set forth under ​the 2010 health-care law​​​ while preserving existing plans on the individual market.

More at link: http://nypost.com/2017/06/29/mcconnell-and-cruz-team-up-on-gop-health-care-amendment/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: McConnell and Cruz team up on GOP health care amendment
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:03:28 pm »
Hopefully Mitch will find it in his heart to do the right thing for once!  I won't hold my breath waiting!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: McConnell and Cruz team up on GOP health care amendment
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:22:36 pm »
Hopefully Mitch will find it in his heart to do the right thing for once!  I won't hold my breath waiting!
It would be neat, but I'm not holding my breath either.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis