Author Topic: Top Dem: Pentagon decision to delay transgender troop enlistment 'outrageous'  (Read 813 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) condemned the Trump administration on Saturday for issuing a delay in allowing transgender soldiers to serve in the military.

Hoyer, the No. 2 House Democrat, called the Pentagon's move "outrageous" and argued it was done "without providing any evidence."

“It is outrageous that the Trump Administration would issue a delay in allowing transgender Americans to serve openly in our military without providing any evidence to support such a decision," Hoyer said in a statement.

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/340376-top-dem-pentagon-decision-to-delay-transgender-troop-enlistment
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

Looks like Steny's panties are in a wad over this.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Looks like Steny's panties are in a wad over this.
Let them be (in a wad, that is).

Thinkabout it. Listen to the cadence: "This is my rifle, this might be any one of 57 varieties of non gender specific organs in transition to something else, maybe."

It just doesn't work. 
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
This is my thought.  I wouldn't want to serve with someone so confused they can't figure out who they are.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Hey Steny:  The US military is not a social experiment.  It is there to win wars.  Not much else really matters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington