Author Topic: Tillerson blows up at top White House aide  (Read 8307 times)

Offline Suppressed

Re: Tillerson blows up at top White House aide
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2017, 08:12:57 pm »
Thank you so much for illustrating a perfect example of how Never Trumpers lose their ability to reason.

I'm sorry it was above your understanding, but it makes a very good point and I don't have the time nor energy to try to break it down for you.

If you can't see the similarities in style to others mentioned, that's not the fault of anyone else.  I'm wondering how much longer Tillerson will stick around, the way he's getting jerked around by Trump et al.  He's getting yanked here and there for damage control, and then not getting the support to get positions filled...just like with others. 

I guess many people thought that by electing a businessman, they'd get someone who was a competent manager, but we got Trump and his disruptive style.   It's good for some things, but highly damaging for others.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2017, 08:13:38 pm »
:2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2017, 08:13:54 pm »

Lol!   We love ya.   We'll be good!  Promise!    :whistle:

We do respect you and the impossible job you have.  I will point out, however, that it wasn't 4 posts into the thread when a few people began to compare Trump to Hitler and Mussolini and that's when it began to degenerate.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2017, 08:15:47 pm »
I'm sorry it was above your understanding, but it makes a very good point and I don't have the time nor energy to try to break it down for you.

If you can't see the similarities in style to others mentioned, that's not the fault of anyone else.  I'm wondering how much longer Tillerson will stick around, the way he's getting jerked around by Trump et al.  He's getting yanked here and there for damage control, and then not getting the support to get positions filled...just like with others. 

I guess many people thought that by electing a businessman, they'd get someone who was a competent manager, but we got Trump and his disruptive style.   It's good for some things, but highly damaging for others.

When you managed to work up the time and energy, come back with some sense and some respect for the other posters here.

(The MOds are watching)

Offline Mod2

« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2017, 08:17:45 pm »
@Emjay, I asked nicely.  Was I not clear enough?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2017, 08:20:56 pm »

The fact is that you didn't show up and stayed mute until some Trump supporters gave them what not.

Only then did you ask nicely.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Wingnut

« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2017, 08:22:02 pm »
You're going to make a good MOD cry.

8888crybaby

Are you a good mod or a bad mod? 

I say we hang him just to be sure.  Kill The Monster!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Mod2

« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2017, 08:26:02 pm »
The fact is that you didn't show up and stayed mute until some Trump supporters gave them what not.

Only then did you ask nicely.

DCPatriot, sorry we are not up to your standards.  Most of us have jobs, this is a large and lively forum.  If something is not reported we may not see it immediately.  Perhaps another forum would be more to your exacting standards.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2017, 08:28:20 pm »

You were and I'm outta here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2017, 08:29:16 pm »

Some people only care that the trains are running on time... :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2017, 08:45:35 pm »
Shouldn't the reporter explain why this "senior WH aide" could be "familiar" with the conversation? Was he in the meeting, or was the shouting so loud it was heard in the hallway?

What do you think of when you say the word 'familiar'.

Do you know how to drive a stick? I've never done it, but I am familiar with it.

A guy saying he is 'familiar' with the conversation most likely means that he heard about it from somebody, who may have heard about it from somebody, who heard something like that happened.

Yeah sure. That sounds good enough to publish. Why not? After all, it is possible that maybe it could have happened. And that's all I need for the FRONT PAGE! Baby! Hell yeah!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 08:46:05 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2017, 08:53:16 pm »

What do you think of when you say the word 'familiar'.

Do you know how to drive a stick? I've never done it, but I am familiar with it.

A guy saying he is 'familiar' with the conversation most likely means that he heard about it from somebody, who may have heard about it from somebody, who heard something like that happened.

Yeah sure. That sounds good enough to publish. Why not? After all, it is possible that maybe it could have happened. And that's all I need for the FRONT PAGE! Baby! Hell yeah!

I really wish I could laugh at that.  I really do.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2017, 08:54:57 pm »
Some people only care that the trains are running on time... :shrug:

I guess.

But I'm worried that even that would be a near disaster, the way we've had course reversals back and forth.  At least Mussolini sent the trains in one direction at a time!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2017, 08:56:48 pm »
INVAR You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.

Well, thank you for your kind offer and concern for my satisfaction and relief, but I be straight, married 31 years and I happen to get one from the wife almost every morning - right before I give my wife her due.
It's our glue to a happy bower

Because she has this power...
Morning noon and night it's drink and dancing
Some quick romancing
And then a shower.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2017, 09:00:23 pm »
You can't make this up.  After Tillerson's complaint about not getting his staff choices approved............
the high and mighty jared kusher stated that Tillerson's complaints were..........
UNPROFESSIONAL

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2017, 09:05:02 pm »
I guess.

But I'm worried that even that would be a near disaster, the way we've had course reversals back and forth.  At least Mussolini sent the trains in one direction at a time!
Yeah, they wanted everyone to board, but they didn't know the destination for sure. It keeps changing. It's hard to support something that won't hold still.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2017, 09:09:26 pm »
Well, thank you for your kind offer and concern for my satisfaction and relief, but I be straight, married 31 years and I happen to get one from the wife almost every morning - right before I give my wife her due.
It's our glue to a happy bower

Because she has this power...
Morning noon and night it's drink and dancing
Some quick romancing
And then a shower.

Hey, you know me...always willing to help a brother out.  I was good friends with a Transvestite once.  Her goal in life was to Eat, Drink and be Mary. 

@Mod2 @MOD3

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2017, 09:14:24 pm »
Hey, you know me...always willing to help a brother out.  I was good friends with a Transvestite once.  Her goal in life was to Eat, Drink and be Mary. 

@Mod2 @MOD3

I knew a "gal" like that.  Whoever came up with the Hot vs Crazy chart had that group pegged (Hot but not cray-cray, can't be a real person.  Ergo tranny, QED.)
I will NOT comply.

Wingnut

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2017, 09:21:54 pm »
I knew a "gal" like that.  Whoever came up with the Hot vs Crazy chart had that group pegged (Hot but not cray-cray, can't be a real person.  Ergo tranny, QED.)

...or a Redhead!   LOL

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2017, 11:00:13 pm »
DCPatriot, sorry we are not up to your standards.  Most of us have jobs, this is a large and lively forum.  If something is not reported we may not see it immediately.  Perhaps another forum would be more to your exacting standards.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2017, 11:29:01 pm »

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2017, 11:30:58 pm »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2017, 01:54:14 am »

@ Mod2 Apparently, the old adage is true.  It's the person who hits last who gets caught and punished  I know you have a job to do but I'm still a bit annoyed that out of all the insults traded mine, which were mild in comparison, was the one that got you riled up.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: June 30, 2017, 02:16:22 am »
@ Mod2 Apparently, the old adage is true.  It's the person who hits last who gets caught and punished  I know you have a job to do but I'm still a bit annoyed that out of all the insults traded mine, which were mild in comparison, was the one that got you riled up.

IMO, it's not about you.  Or me.  Despite said moderator's attempt.

It's about the uneven moderating.

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #74 on: June 30, 2017, 02:30:23 am »
You can't make this up.  After Tillerson's complaint about not getting his staff choices approved............
the high and mighty jared kusher stated that Tillerson's complaints were..........
UNPROFESSIONAL

He must have been thinking about his FIL's tweets.