Author Topic: Tillerson blows up at top White House aide  (Read 8323 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Tillerson blows up at top White House aide
« on: June 29, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »
Josh Dawsey , Eliana Johnson and Alex Isenstadt
Politico
June 28, 2017

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s frustrations with the White House have been building for months. Last Friday, they exploded.

The normally laconic Texan unloaded on Johnny DeStefano, the head of the presidential personnel office, for torpedoing proposed nominees to senior State Department posts and for questioning his judgment.

Tillerson also complained that the White House was leaking damaging information about him to the news media, according to a person familiar with the meeting. Above all, he made clear that he did not want DeStefano’s office to “have any role in staffing” and “expressed frustration that anybody would know better” than he about who should work in his department — particularly after the president had promised him autonomy to make his own decisions and hires, according to a senior White House aide familiar with the conversation.
More

Wingnut

Re: Tillerson blows up at top White House aide
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 03:28:45 pm »
So Trumps SIL Don Kirchner says it was "unprofessional".   

There is a guy who should just keep his piehole shut.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 03:29:05 pm »
He's frustrated with more leaks like this one?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 03:31:17 pm »
He's frustrated with more leaks like this one?

Trump's management style in a nutshell: in-fighting and chaos is what he seeks.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 03:32:21 pm »
according to a senior White House aide familiar with the conversation.

Ah. More fake news from Polutico. Unnamed sources are out of vogue these days, or didn't they hear.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 04:14:43 pm »

It worked for Stalin.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »
It worked for Stalin.

Worked for Hitler too.

Keeps any potential rivalry to the Dictator occupied and less likely to overthrow the despot for themselves.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:08 pm »
It worked for Stalin.

Now Trump is like Stalin?

Are you nuts?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 04:23:58 pm »

It couldn't be the whackos are making this crap up now could it?

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »
Worked for Hitler too.

Keeps any potential rivalry to the Dictator occupied and less likely to overthrow the despot for themselves.

Megalomaniacs always point to enemies all around as a means of distracting from their own inadequacies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2017, 04:38:20 pm »

"according to a senior White House aide familiar with the conversation"

Wow. This guy is amazing. He seems to be in every office, every meeting, and every conference call in D.C. And he writes great fiction.

It was a dark and stormy night when Tillerson exploded. Everyone shuddered to think what may happen next!

He is so prolific. I must read three or four of his short stories in the paper every day. I hope he will tell us the one about Trump being under investigation again. That was a good tale. Or maybe he will re-release the story of how Trump is really a Russian agent working for Putin.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 04:40:51 pm »
"according to a senior White House aide familiar with the conversation"

Wow. This guy is amazing. He seems to be in every office, every meeting, and every conference call in D.C. And he writes great fiction.

It was a dark and stormy night when Tillerson exploded. Everyone shuddered to think what may happen next!

He is so prolific. I must read three or four of his short stories in the paper every day. I hope he will tell us the one about Trump being under investigation again. That was a good tale. Or maybe he will re-release the story of how Trump is really a Russian agent working for Putin.

@240B
Not only that but some people believe everything he says!!

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 04:42:09 pm »
You all have lost your minds and credibility when you start the Hitler/Stalin/Mussolini/Idi Amin His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts ... comments.

You have Lowered yourselves to the level of your average democrat.   You should be ashamed and have your peepee's whacked.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:42:55 pm by Wingnut »

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 04:46:42 pm »
You all have lost your minds and credibility when you start the Hitler/Stalin/Mussolini/Idi Amin His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts ... comments.

You have Lowered yourselves to the level of your average democrat.   You should be ashamed and have your peepee's whacked.
888high58888 888high58888 888high58888

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 04:52:43 pm »

Uhhhh.... pointing out an historical fact there.  Narcissistic egomaniacs in leadership positions tend to keep their inner circles fighting amongst themselves.

That's an historical fact.

Your average Democrat has absolutely no clue about history or the despots they think were terrific humanitarians.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2017, 04:56:48 pm »
So Trumps SIL Don Kirchner says it was "unprofessional".   

This morning's tweeting from Trump certainly lends credence to the accusations of 'unprofessional'.

I certainly do not discount the possibility, given the fruits of the man even as late as this morning.

He is no statesman, and certainly completely unprofessional.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2017, 05:06:03 pm »
Worked for Hitler too.

Worked for the Puritan Lord Protector, Oliver Cromwell, until it didn't and they wanted their King back.

(Special emphasis on the "Puritan" part, for the virtue signalers here)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2017, 05:13:58 pm »
@240B
Not only that but some people believe everything he says!!

Not only that, but some automatically reject everything he says!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2017, 05:29:24 pm »

A comparison on some of the traits doesn't mean he has all of the traits. 

For example, his public speaking isn't nearly as good as Hitler's, and Stalin was more able to accomplish things. 

But there are similarities, and it's valid to bring those up.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2017, 05:47:34 pm »
This morning's tweeting from Trump certainly lends credence to the accusations of 'unprofessional'.

I certainly do not discount the possibility, given the fruits of the man even as late as this morning.

He is no statesman, and certainly completely unprofessional.

Shhh...he's got the nuclear codes...  22222frying pan
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2017, 05:49:02 pm »
Not only that, but some automatically reject everything he says!!!

IMO, the correct answer should be closer to the latter than the former, if only because he changes his mind so readily, and so often.

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2017, 05:49:16 pm »
A comparison on some of the traits doesn't mean he has all of the traits. 

For example, his public speaking isn't nearly as good as Hitler's, and Stalin was more able to accomplish things. 

But there are similarities, and it's valid to bring those up.

I kindly call that pure and simple Horse Hockey.  There "are" no similarities.  But hey you are free to believe whatever your trump hate allows you to believe

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2017, 05:57:30 pm »
I kindly call that pure and simple Horse Hockey.  There "are" no similarities.  But hey you are free to believe whatever your trump hate allows you to believe

Trump certainly likes him some Benito Mussolini:

“Chuck, it's OK to know it's Mussolini. Look, Mussolini was Mussolini. It's OK to — it's a very good quote, it's a very interesting quote, and I know it" - Donald J. Trump - Meet The Press 2/28/2016

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2017, 06:08:28 pm »
Trump certainly likes him some Benito Mussolini:

“Chuck, it's OK to know it's Mussolini. Look, Mussolini was Mussolini. It's OK to — it's a very good quote, it's a very interesting quote, and I know it" - Donald J. Trump - Meet The Press 2/28/2016

Trump is such a simple moron he would probably take it as a compliment. Lets not forget that this is the clown who when asked about allegations of Putin killing journalists could only answer with "At least he's a leader". When asked about his feelings on the Tianamen square massacre he said of the Chinese govt, "At least they were decisive".

I'm seriously tempted to set up a fake "Robert Mugabe" twitter account to lure Trump into retweeting crazy crap.