Author Topic: PANDA EXPRESS GETS MASSIVE FINE FOR VERIFYING FOREIGN WORKERS  (Read 670 times)

rangerrebew

PANDA EXPRESS GETS MASSIVE FINE FOR VERIFYING FOREIGN WORKERS

Panda Express 'too careful' in quest to hire only legal residents

Published: 2 hours ago. Updated: 06/28/2017 at 9:11 PM
    LEO HOHMANN

Panda Express has been fined $400,000 by the U.S. Department of Justice for ‘reverifying’ the documentation of non-citizen employees. This is ‘discriminatory,’ according to the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.

The U.S. Department of Justice announced Wednesday it reached a settlement agreement with Panda Restaurant Group Inc., a chain of more than 1,800 Chinese-cuisine restaurants the DOJ accuses of discriminating against non-U.S. citizens in its hiring practices.

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/popular-r...reign-workers/

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: PANDA EXPRESS GETS MASSIVE FINE FOR VERIFYING FOREIGN WORKERS
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 01:42:59 pm »
A friend has a daughter who works at Panda. The daughter went to all the local schools and attends the university here. Problem? She's not an American citizen
She was adopted at birth from another country and the strange American adoption laws made it so she isn't a citizen.

My boss came here when he was 3. He played football in high school, starting all 4 years as a lineman. Got a Masters degree.  He went for his citizenship interview and it went like this:

Interviewer: Do..you..speak..English?
Boss: How in the Hell can you be a citizen if you don't speak English?
Interviewer: Oh, I guess you do.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 01:48:08 pm »
A friend has a daughter who works at Panda. The daughter went to all the local schools and attends the university here. Problem? She's not an American citizen
She was adopted at birth from another country and the strange American adoption laws made it so she isn't a citizen....

Something is odd there.

How Your Adopted Child May Automatically Acquire U.S. Citizenship
http://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/us-immigration/how-foreign-born-adopted-children-get-citizenship.html

If you are residing in the United States, your child will automatically acquire U.S. citizenship once two sets of criteria are met.

First, your child must satisfy the criteria set forth in the definition for an adopted “child” in the Immigration and Nationality Act (I.N.A.). These criteria apply to all adopted children, including orphans. Second, your circumstances must satisfy the separate criteria set forth by the I.N.A. for automatic acquisition of U.S. citizenship.

Definition of Adopted Child

An adopted child for U.S. immigration purposes is one who satisfies all of the following requirements:
-The child was legally adopted under the age of 16 years.
-The child has been in the legal custody of the adoptive parents for at least two years; and
-The child has resided in the physical custody of the adoptive parents for at least two years.

Criteria for Automatic Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship

Once your child meets the definition of an adopted child, he or she automatically acquires U.S. citizenship once all of the following requirements are satisfied:

-At least one parent is a U.S. citizen, either by birth or naturalization.
-The child is under 18 years of age; and
-The child is lawfully admitted to the United States as a permanent resident and is in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 01:52:17 pm »
When she was adopted, both parents had to be present when she was adopted. Only one parent was able to go.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline thackney

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 01:59:59 pm »
When she was adopted, both parents had to be present when she was adopted. Only one parent was able to go.

I don't know, but would suspect, she could petition under today's rules and get citizenship.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 02:08:07 pm »
That's what they are doing. Immigration takes a LONG time to do anything. They said she had to wait until she was 18 to apply herself.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2017, 02:22:21 pm »
I like Panda Express.  I will continue to patronize them.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 07:53:58 pm »
I didn't realize things had changed, back when the I-9's were started I was required to keep track of when an  non citizen employee's documents expired and re verify them. Almost all the kids that worked for me used Birth certificates and social which don't require reverification or DL and social which again didn't require  re verification unless they left and were re employed at a later date.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:19 pm »
     Panda Express has been fined $400,000 by the U.S. Department of Justice for ‘reverifying’ the documentation of non-citizen employees. This is ‘discriminatory,’ according to the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ.

I think this is INSANE.