Author Topic: Sarah Palin Suing New York Times For Defamation  (Read 601 times)

rangerrebew

Sarah Palin Suing New York Times For Defamation
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:35:42 am »
Sarah Palin Suing New York Times For Defamation

Posted By Peter Hasson On 6:43 PM 06/27/2017 In | No Comments

Sarah Palin is suing The New York Times for defamation, according to documents filed in federal court Tuesday that were obtained by The Daily Caller.

The lawsuit has to do with an editorial the NYT ran on June 14 that falsely smeared Palin as inciting the 2011 shooting of Democratic Rep. Gabby Giffords by a mentally ill man. There is no evidence to support the NYT’s implication that Palin played a role in inciting the Giffords shooting. (RELATED: NYT Uses GOP Shooting To Falsely Attack Sarah Palin With Debunked Conspiracy Theory)

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/27/sarah-palin-suing-new-york-times-for-defamation/

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

The Washington Times
By Cheryl K. Chumley
Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Sarah Palin, former Alaska governor and vice presidential candidate, kicked off a lawsuit against The New York Times, alleging the newspaper defamed her when its editorial board tied her to the 2011 shooting of Gabrielle Giffords.

Good. The time to challenge leftist mudslinging masked as scholarly opinion and wrapped in a First Amendment bow has definitely arrived. Call it a strike for the right.

Bluntly put, conservatives are sick and tired of being the punching bag for an aggressive press. Palin’s suit is likely a drop in the bucket of what may soon come.

After all, it worked for Melania Trump, who was characterized as a call girl by a couple different press outlets — and who, in turn, successfully sued.

(more)
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/28/sarah-palin-strikes-one-conservatives-suit-new-yor/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Well I hope she wins, but the fact she waited this long kinda makes it look like a publicity stunt.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well I hope she wins, but the fact she waited this long kinda makes it look like a publicity stunt.

She was inspired by Melania's victory.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

She was inspired by Melania's victory.

Or emboldened. Seems to me this was a slam-dunk from the very beginning.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

I think it was the fact they brought it back up in the wake of the baseball field shootings that stirred the pot again.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Sarah Palin Suing New York Times For Defamation
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 02:09:59 pm »
Poor reporting IMO...was that June 14th editorial from this year?

Still, she remains enough of a "public person" that the NYT would win in court.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 02:10:09 pm »
Good for her.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 02:27:41 pm »
Poor reporting IMO...was that June 14th editorial from this year?

Still, she remains enough of a "public person" that the NYT would win in court.

:shrug:

Tell that to Gawker.

Offline thackney

The lawsuit is for the recent claim after it has long been proven false.  It is not for the original claim.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-sarah-palin-sues-the-new-york-times-for-1498660653-htmlstory.html

The lawsuit refers to a June editorial in the Times on the recent shooting of Louisiana Congressman Steve Scalise. The editorial later was corrected.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer