Author Topic: Patients Use Cannabis Instead of Opioids to Treat Pain, Anxiety and Depression, Study Finds  (Read 500 times)

Offline Suppressed

Patients Use Cannabis Instead of Opioids to Treat Pain, Anxiety and Depression, Study Finds
JUNE 27, 2017 by KAT MCCUE

Patients are ditching opioids and instead using cannabis to treat pain, anxiety, and depression mostly in states where pot is legal, according to a new study.

Published in the Journal of Pain Research, the results show that 46 percent of people who used cannabis at least once within the previous 90 days used it as a substitute for prescription drugs that treat pain, anxiety, and depression. The investigators surveyed nearly 3,000 respondents from all over the United States (as well as participants from Canada and Europe). The findings serve as the latest bit of news demonstrating a growing trend of medical cannabis use for conditions traditionally treated with prescription medications.

Excerpt.  Read more at https://saludmovil.com/patients-use-cannabis-instead-opioids-treat-pain-anxiety-depression-study-finds/
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Night Hides Not

Patients Use Cannabis Instead of Opioids to Treat Pain, Anxiety and Depression, Study Finds
JUNE 27, 2017 by KAT MCCUE

Patients are ditching opioids and instead using cannabis to treat pain, anxiety, and depression mostly in states where pot is legal, according to a new study.

Published in the Journal of Pain Research, the results show that 46 percent of people who used cannabis at least once within the previous 90 days used it as a substitute for prescription drugs that treat pain, anxiety, and depression. The investigators surveyed nearly 3,000 respondents from all over the United States (as well as participants from Canada and Europe). The findings serve as the latest bit of news demonstrating a growing trend of medical cannabis use for conditions traditionally treated with prescription medications.

Excerpt.  Read more at https://saludmovil.com/patients-use-cannabis-instead-opioids-treat-pain-anxiety-depression-study-finds/

Me? I've got a couple bottles of beerenauslese in my cooler, in addition to several bottles of an excellent 2010 Mosel auslese. The therapeutic value of these wines should not be scoffed at, particularly when you consider the low alcohol content (less than 10%).

But that's just me.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.