Author Topic: Trump supporters hold sit-in at North Carolina Starbucks after woman mocked for shirt  (Read 1442 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Trump supporters flooded a North Carolina Starbucks on Saturday for a sit-in after they said a woman was mocked for wearing T-shirt supporting the president.

The group, wearing some Trump T-shirts and carrying signs, entered the Starbucks on East Boulevard in Dilworth, a neighborhood in Charlotte.

They told Fox 46 Charlotte it was to support Hart, who was reportedly mocked by a barista for wearing some Trump apparel a few days before.

On Saturday, the group said the sit-in was a little tense at the beginning, but as more and more people ordered coffee, the mood lightened.

Full story: http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/06/25/trump-supporters-hold-sit-in-at-north-carolina-starbucks-after-woman-mocked-for-shirt.html?

Guys? Thats not how protests work. You don't show up to protest and increase the store's profits.  **nononono*
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline thackney

Guys? Thats not how protests work. You don't show up to protest and increase the store's profits.  **nononono*

Now they are customers and not loitering on private property.  They could not be removed easily at that point.  Otherwise they could be forced out on the sidewalk.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
LOL idiots.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

But maybe it changed some hearts and minds.

Starbucks issued a statement apologizing to the woman and said they planned to speak with the store, the station reported.

On Saturday, the group said the sit-in was a little tense at the beginning, but as more and more people ordered coffee, the mood lightened.

“I gave them the name Trump and they did. They were very gracious about it,” Shellie Anderson told the station. “We just wanted to reverse the little negativity. So we did it.”

Anderson added: “It’s really good to come together and take something negative and just come in here and be respectful.”

Might be a better approach than ranting to "use" firearms against those with whom we disagree.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goodwithagun

I actually like that the protesters patronized the Starbucks. It demonstrates Voltaire's concept of though I disagree with what you say, I defend your right to say it. That's what conservatism was about two years ago. It also demonstrates that we can indeed all get along, regardless of what the last eight years has been like.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I actually like that the protesters patronized the Starbucks. It demonstrates Voltaire's concept of though I disagree with what you say, I defend your right to say it. That's what conservatism was about two years ago. It also demonstrates that we can indeed all get along, regardless of what the last eight years has been like.

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:21:23 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Wingnut

But maybe it changed some hearts and minds.

Might be a better approach than ranting to "use" firearms against those with whom we disagree.

Yeah right.  This from a guy who orders  Venti Iced Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato, Sugar-Free Syrup, Extra Shot, Light Ice, No Whip pretentious poser juice and pretends to be a conservative.

Offline goodwithagun

Yeah right.  This from a guy who orders  Venti Iced Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato, Sugar-Free Syrup, Extra Shot, Light Ice, No Whip pretentious poser juice and pretends to be a conservative.

You forgot half-caf  **nononono*
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

I just think its kind of childish to protest a simple insult.

Bunch of doodie heads.

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't know. I'll bet all the Leftist Libs who normally shop there didn't buy that day because of all the Trumpers in there.

Silver Pines

@Wingnut

Am I the only one who feels like a pretentious fool ordering a "GRAHN-DAY" coffee when it's a damn large?

It's been a long time, though...I like my coffee strong, not burned.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@Wingnut

Am I the only one who feels like a pretentious fool ordering a "GRAHN-DAY" coffee when it's a damn large?

Nope, thats why I always just say large.   Not that I go there very much except when Im in airports.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
If I were president I'd shut down Starbucks.  Why?  Two reasons.  The main reason is simply because I don't like them and the second reason is to reach across the aisle.  I know how much leftists love some good old fashioned fascism so I'll shut down Starbucks first and then take suggestions for other types of businesses to close.  Birkenstocks have never appealed to me either.

---

I had tossed the comments above into a conversation with a very liberal friend in order to get her reaction.  She looked at me like I was a Martian.  A bit lost for words she finally said, "You can't do that, it's un-American".

You can guess how the rest of the story goes.  She had never heard of Operation Choke Point and the thousands of businesses shut down by the Obama administration for no other reason than they just didn't like them.  Apparently CNN had missed that little nugget of news.  After a few minutes she decided I was making the story up, it was just too outrageous.

"Pull out your phone and look it up for yourself", was my response.  Again, more silence as she read the stories in disbelief.

---

It's fine and dandy to protest at Starbucks, lots of reasons to do so.  But turning it into a teachable moment would go much further towards opening closed minds.

Offline thackney

Dittos on both.  If I'm stuck buying at Starbucks, I order a "large".
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Silver Pines

Dittos on both.  If I'm stuck buying at Starbucks, I order a "large".

@thackney

Yep, same here.

Wingnut

You forgot half-caf  **nononono*

:beer:

@Wingnut

Nope, thats why I always just say large. 

LOL.   If I am forced to use a Sorrybucks I order "medium....plain old Black coffee " and I give my name as what ever their name is so they can remember it..  well sometimes they forget their own name...but who am I to judge...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
:beer:

LOL.   If I am forced to use a Sorrybucks I order "medium....plain old Black coffee " and I give my name as what ever their name is so they can remember it..  well sometimes they forget their own name...but who am I to judge...

I hate that name thing. I always say 17 if I'm forced to go to Starblurghs.

Still, hell of a smart business model - buy the cheapassed, over roasted beans that no one else will touch for pennies on the dollar, cover the taste with flavorings and charge the punters a premium for the privilege.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Nice to see that the left doesn't have exclusivity on Snowflakes.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

I hate that name thing. I always say 17 if I'm forced to go to Starblurghs.

17?   :pondering:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
17?   :pondering:

Janice Ian. Seems appropriate for their regulars.

Wingnut

Janice Ian. Seems appropriate for their regulars.

Okay!   Lol!   
Damn near perfect!   :beer: