Author Topic: Franken on How to Combat ‘Limousine Democrat’ Stereotype: ‘We’ve Got to Stop Riding in Limousines’  (Read 1001 times)

rangerrebew

Franken on How to Combat ‘Limousine Democrat’ Stereotype: ‘We’ve Got to Stop Riding in Limousines’
Posted By Conor Beck On June 26, 2017 @ 12:13 pm In Politics | No Comments

"We've got to stop riding in limousines," Sen. Al Franken (D., Minn.) said Monday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" when asked how the Democratic Party could change the stereotype of "limousine Democrats."

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/franken-combat-limousine-democrat-stereotype-weve-got-stop-riding-limousines/

rangerrebew

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Like a typical Dem, he refuses to do any introspection whatsoever about the left. Instead -- and this is the leftist talking points formula as sure as day follows night -- he dodges the question asked and answers the question he wishes were asked. He's probably under the illusion that his flippant reply to the actual question absolves him from his failure to answer. After all, it got him some chuckles which is music to his ears.

It's okay that they behave this way. They'll never figure out why they're spiraling downward. Now, if the Republicans can just take advantage of this Democrat weakness and work toward constitutionally sound legislation, we can gain some momentum. To the degree they engage in swamp behavior is the degree to which they weaken the structure of the party. Then they risk the possibility that many of us will never return.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Because nothing says "I'm a regular guy" like driving your own Lexus away from the private jet...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

"What'chu talkin' 'bout Franken?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

"What'chu talkin' 'bout Franken?

"Why you dissin' my ghetto pimpolicious lifestyle Franken?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:28:24 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Just_Victor

Franken should run for POTUS with Jill Stein as his running mate....
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Smokin Joe

Franken should run for POTUS with Jill Stein as his running mate....
Oh, heavens, NO!

What if the Russians really hacked the election (just for laughs) and they won?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author

You tell 'em Al.

They're all waiting with baited breath for your next McNugget of wisdom to drop.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Just_Victor

Oh, heavens, NO!

What if the Russians really hacked the election (just for laughs) and they won?

I just wanna see the Franken/Stein campaign adds.  Might qualify as actually honest advertising.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Smokin Joe

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington