Author Topic: California to list glyphosate as cancer-causing; Monsanto vows fight  (Read 3289 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: California to list glyphosate as cancer-causing; Monsanto vows fight
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 03:44:12 pm »
A couple drops of surfactant will surprise you... Dawn dish soap... maybe a tablespoon in a standard sprayer.

And it has always not worked under 70 degrees, really seventy five.
And it has always worked better the hotter it is.
Thank you and @thackney  for the advice about using a surfactant.  I'll give it a try.  Now to get rid of the DANG fire ants.

Offline thackney

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 03:50:22 pm »
Thank you and @thackney  for the advice about using a surfactant.  I'll give it a try.  Now to get rid of the DANG fire ants.

http://store.doyourownpestcontrol.com/texas-size-texas-2-step-fire-ant-kit
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 03:50:26 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUYqGX6a4vQ

888high58888

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2017, 03:55:04 pm »
@Weird Tolkienish Figure
@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

The Glyphosate of basic Roundup, the topic of the article does not work as a pre-emergent herbicide, killing seeds.

However, the Extended Control version of Roundup adds Imazapic as a pre-emergent herbicide.

https://www.roundup.com/smg/goprod/roundup-concentrate-extended-control-weed-grass-killer-plus-weed-preventer/prod70272?locale=en_US

https://www.roundup.com/smg/goprod/roundup-weed-grass-killer-concentrate-plus/prod70336

Thanks.  What I've always like about RU is that I could kill what was there without "poisoning" the soil (I could kill back grass or weeds in preparation for planting other, non-RU-immune plants).  I may have to look into the pre-emergent for some other areas where I don't want anything growing.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2017, 11:49:50 pm »
A couple drops of surfactant will surprise you... Dawn dish soap... maybe a tablespoon in a standard sprayer.

And it has always not worked under 70 degrees, really seventy five.
And it has always worked better the hotter it is.

The great thing about Roundup is that because "The label is the law" and the label says you can dilute Roundup in "weed oil", I used to do exactly that for backpack spraying our railroad interchange yard.  Mixed it 2% in "weed oil"... diesel fuel.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2017, 12:16:45 am »
You are right about Pesticide being the catch-all for insecticides, herbicides, fungicides.  I wasn't thinking about that.

Since I am spraying mostly dandelions I use 2,4-D. With Dawn dish soap.

I was reading something a couple of months ago and this person was claiming the big rise in cancer didn't start until we started using chemical fertilizers.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2017, 12:44:46 am »
http://www.motherearthnews.com/natural-health/glyphosate-toxicity-interview-with-thierry-vrain-zm0z16jjzkin?pageid=1#PageContent1

This is an interesting article. It's an interview with a plant biologist and molecular engineer regarding glyphosate. Basically, RoundUp isn't killing us. RU is killing our gut flora, which is then causing us major health problems.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2017, 12:44:48 am »
The great thing about Roundup is that because "The label is the law" and the label says you can dilute Roundup in "weed oil", I used to do exactly that for backpack spraying our railroad interchange yard.  Mixed it 2% in "weed oil"... diesel fuel.

Never tried it but I bet it works like crazy.

Anywhere you have gravel, a propane weed burner bar (several nozzles on a bar with rough country wheels and a handle) works great... take your time and pass over the ground slowly... any seeds get burned too, and it doesn't 'drift' down drainage like sterilizers do.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 12:45:26 am by roamer_1 »

Offline thackney

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 12:12:20 pm »

I had not heard the term "weed oil".  My internet search seems to only discuss "cannabinoid contents".

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 12:29:20 pm »
I had not heard the term "weed oil".  My internet search seems to only discuss "cannabinoid contents".
I use diesel with a weed killer to get the spray to stick on the plants.

You can use something other than diesel. The feedstore calls it an 'activator' but diesel works just fine.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 12:53:58 pm »
I use diesel with a weed killer to get the spray to stick on the plants.

You can use something other than diesel. The feedstore calls it an 'activator' but diesel works just fine.

Do you have to keep it shaken?  (does the diesel separate out over time)

Offline rodamala

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2017, 01:47:00 pm »

Try looking up "crop oil"... I recall it being "weed oil"... but that was back before any state had medical marijuana.

Wingnut

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »
Next thing you know they will want to ban Paraquat.

Offline thackney

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2017, 02:19:17 pm »
Try looking up "crop oil"... I recall it being "weed oil"... but that was back before any state had medical marijuana.

Thank you.

http://www.kalo.com/products/Detail.aspx?ID=c4b6ad2c-9eb5-45b7-bcea-b72ca86f6a56

Crop Oil Concentrate is a blend of a surfactant and a non-phytotoxic superior type of agricultural spray oil designed for use with a broad range of post-emergence herbicides as well as desiccants, defoliants, and other pesticide uses.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2017, 02:29:32 pm »
Next thing you know they will want to ban Paraquat.

Back in my farmhand days we had a chemicals salesman stop by. Young guy. We asked what his product line was. He said yada-yada...Paraquat. Guy I was working with says, "You know how many friends of mine got sick from smoking that sh**?" Guys says, "They aren't supposed to smoke it...".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2017, 02:32:10 pm »
Back in my farmhand days we had a chemicals salesman stop by. Young guy. We asked what his product line was. He said yada-yada...Paraquat. Guy I was working with says, "You know how many friends of mine got sick from smoking that sh**?" Guys says, "They aren't supposed to smoke it...".

Nudge nudge wink wink!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2017, 10:06:11 pm »
Not that I noticed.  I use a 18 gallon sprayer in my four wheeler, and it shakes a lot as I go down the fencelines.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2017, 10:11:16 pm »

Yeah.

Just strap it to your a$$ and put some boogie-woogie in your earphones, and you'll be just fine.
Make sure your wife gets some footage for Youtube...