Author Topic: Senate adds penalty for going uninsured to healthcare bill  (Read 6916 times)

Online DB

Re: Senate adds penalty for going uninsured to healthcare bill
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2017, 09:36:55 pm »
What they have done is do away with catastrophic care plans. As much as those who whine about doctors not getting paid or people dying in the streets (a lie), you would think that keeping relatively inexpensive plans to cover major expenses would have been a priority, not the first thing in the crosshairs, but that would be if getting coverage for more people was the aim, instead of getting more coverage for some people. There is still the trillion dollar gorilla in the room, but it isn't PC to talk about that.

Yes, but... If all you wanted was a catastrophic coverage plan, with the Senates penalty there's no reason to buy health insurance at all is my point. If something catastrophic happens to you, they have to take you at the cost of the penalty which is trivial compared to the cost of the catastrophe.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Senate adds penalty for going uninsured to healthcare bill
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2017, 09:52:16 pm »
Yes, but... If all you wanted was a catastrophic coverage plan, with the Senates penalty there's no reason to buy health insurance at all is my point. If something catastrophic happens to you, they have to take you at the cost of the penalty which is trivial compared to the cost of the catastrophe.

Yeah!  Dufi like these are the reason the phrase Fup a soup sandwich came into being!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien