Author Topic: Mike Lee Penned An Op-Ed About The Obamacare Replacement Bill And You Need To Read It  (Read 456 times)

Offline corbe

TBR's most loved Writer: /s

Mike Lee Penned An Op-Ed About The Obamacare Replacement Bill And You Need To Read It

Posted at 4:00 pm on June 24, 2017 by Susan Wright

What do you get when you toss a diamond into a sewer?

A sewer.

You get a sewer.

The Senate version of an Obamacare replacement bill (Best Care Reconciliation Act or BCRA) rolled out earlier this week and it is as atrocious as the earlier House version. In fact, it’s the same bill with a few “tweaks.”

The bill faces a tough climb to get the necessary votes for passage. It’s not likely to see any Democrat support, as they are reticent to do anything to touch Barack Obama’s legacy.

With that in mind, it can only stand to lose the support of 2 Republicans, if it is to pass.

As of today, five Republican senators are “no” votes.

Standing against the current version of the bill are Senators Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Dean Heller, Ron Johnson, and Mike Lee.

With the exception of Heller, who actually has a problem with less money going to Medicaid, the other senators have pointed to the high costs of premiums for consumers, and have referred to the bill as little more than a bailout for Obamacare.

On Friday, Senator Lee wrote an op-ed to explain his “no” vote on BCRA.

It was an excellent representation of why he, and at least three of the others are not supporting the efforts to ram this bill through. So excellent, in fact, that I’m going to bring it to you in its entirety.

Enjoy, then make sure anybody on the fence sees this:

No, the Senate healthcare bill released yesterday does not repeal Obamacare. It doesn’t even significantly reform American healthcare.

It cuts taxes. It bails out insurance companies. It props up Obamacare through the next election. It lays out plans to slow Medicaid spending beginning in 2025, but that probably won’t happen. And it leaves in place the ham-fisted federal regulations that have driven up family health insurance premiums by 140 percent since Obamacare was implemented.

As the bill is currently drafted, I won’t vote for it.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/06/24/mike-lee-penned-op-ed-obamacare-replacement-bill-need-read/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
As The Frog Boils

In today's episode of As The Frog Boils, brought to you by Dove soap, Jeremy learns he may be the father of his cousin Lucy's baby, Mitch goes on a spending spree and tries to blame it others, and Mike holds a tea party where one of the cups contain poison.