Author Topic: Two young men steal a guy’s dirtbike; he runs them down with his van – now it’s a race thing!  (Read 481 times)

rangerrebew

Two young men steal a guy’s dirtbike; he runs them down with his van – now it’s a race thing!
June 24, 2017 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

Two men who attempted to make a clean getaway on a stolen dirt bike instead took their last ride.

Keenen King, 19 and Anthony Garriques, 20, stole the bike around 7 a.m. on Thursday, according to NBC.

They were found by the owner of the bike, Christopher Bouchard, 27, who gave chase in his minivan, with his brother in the passenger seat, three hours later.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/06/24/two-young-men-steal-guys-dirtbike-runs-van-now-race-thing-506392
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:47:12 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Play stupid games win stupid prizes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline rodamala

Your black privilege has just been checked, boys.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It was always a race thing, the thieves racing to get away and the owner of the bike racing to catch them. He won, they lost. :tongue2:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
What I would have done is to follow them and immediately call law enforcement. When he hit them, anyone with any common sense would have had a 'reasonable expectation' that they would cause bodily harm to the people on the bike. That makes it 'willful intent to harm' and brings into question whether the motivation was to retrieve the stolen bike, or rather was the intent revenge.

In my stupid, ill-informed opinion, when this goes to trial, the fact that the bike was stolen will be irrelevant, as will the hate-crime nonsense. The only issue I see is did he hit two people on a motorbike at a high rate of speed. And did he cause their deaths. That is all that matters.

Just as you can't shoot a fleeing burglar, you can't run down people post-factum because they stole something from you. Stealing a bike is not death sentence.

The guy in the truck is in for a very rough ride over the next few years. And when it all ends, he will wish that he had bought both of them brand new bikes, and call it a deal. But that can't happen now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:43:48 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.