Author Topic: Miami Man Fined $120 Million for Making 96 Million Robocalls in Three Months  (Read 517 times)

rangerrebew

Miami Man Fined $120 Million for Making 96 Million Robocalls in Three Months
Friday, June 23, 2017 at 8 a.m.
By Jerry Iannelli

Somewhere across the mystical Acheron, the "river of woe," deep down in the darkest pits of the Malebolge, the undead servants of Hell are picking open a new prison in Cocytus, the frozen lake where God has permanently trapped Satan in the Homeric underworld. They await the arrival of a new Prince of Darkness, a Bringer of Sadness, a Miami man named Adrian Abramovich, who is accused of making 96 million illegal telemarketing robocalls in just three months — many to people whose numbers were on the mythic National Do Not Call Registry. As if this couldn't get worse, Abramovich was allegedly spoofing victims' caller ID systems in order to trick people into signing up for time-shares.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/fcc-fines-miami-man-120-million-for-making-96-million-robocalls-in-three-months-9440277
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 11:22:37 am by rangerrebew »

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
He's apparently still at it because I get these calls all the time
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Please hold for an important announcement...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"nomorobo" did the trick for me.

Phone rings once -- then the scammers are cut off.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
"nomorobo" did the trick for me.

Phone rings once -- then the scammers are cut off.

What is that?