Author Topic: Darling discusses Ted Cruz visit, meets with protesters; Hinojosa to lead parade  (Read 419 times)

Offline libertybele

Really?  Cruz has reached out to these people.  They are going to sit and whine and bellyache, but refuse to meet with their Senator?  That proves to me they want to whine just to whine ... it's what the leftist mental midgets do best! :chairbang:

Darling discusses Ted Cruz visit, meets with protesters; Hinojosa to lead parade

This story is updated to reflect that LUPE will not meet with Sen. Ted Cruz, as Mayor Jim Darling originally said.

McALLEN — Hours after Mayor Jim Darling released a statement that Sen. Ted Cruz asked to be part of McAllen’s Fourth of July parade, Darling stressed the importance of Cruz’s visit in front of a handful of protesters at Monday’s city commission meeting.

Darling has received some local criticism recently for having Cruz participate in the parade, so Darling put out a statement Monday afternoon and had an item on the meeting agenda to address the parade.

“I want to thank everybody for being here today,” Darling said toward the end of Monday’s meeting. “The Fourth of July is obviously an important day and we, like most cities, have festivities on it. one thing that came up, and want to talk about it because I don’t talk to the other city commissioners very much outside the meetings, is to let you know that we did have Sen. Cruz’s office contact me and ask to participate in the parade. And as a U.S. Senator from our state, we certainly don’t want to tell him that he can’t.

“I want to point out one thing though, I think it’s important. I was with him when he was in Mission this spring. There were protesters across the street — I saw the signs and all that. So I reached out to his staff — there’s going to be a brunch that usually happens along with the Fourth of July parade. And I asked them if they would engage and asked somebody from LUPE, which is a local group. And my understanding is they did reach out, and there will be representatives there. And I think it’s important for people to exercise their right to protest and wave signs but I also think it’s important to establish a dialogue and present your concerns in a manner that hopefully will get listened to. So hopefully we’ll accomplish both of those and we’ll all have a great Fourth of July parade and be proud of McAllen.”

However, LUPE Executive Director Juanita Valdez-Cox said Monday night that the group will not meet with Cruz. LUPE was contacted by Cruz's staff, but it will not accept the invitation to meet with the Senator.....

http://www.themonitor.com/news/article_585b7164-5ad8-11e7-ac7e-cf341b6ee37c.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Night Hides Not

If LUPE is a 501c3 nonprofit, not meeting with Sen. Cruz because of politics could be sufficient grounds for revoking their nonprofit status, though such action would be a stretch.

I just checked, they are a 501c3.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.