Author Topic: NASA Calls Bullshit on Goop's $120 'Bio-Frequency Healing' Sticker Packs [Updated]  (Read 577 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
There’s no shortage of things to be mad about in late capitalism. Pretty high on the list, though, is the Eat, Pray, Love brand of pseudoscience promoted by Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop. Somehow, Goop—which previously encouraged women to shove eggs up their vaginas—has out-Gooped itself: the brand is now promoting stickers called “Body Vibes.” The product, which I remind you, is literally a sticker, uses “NASA space suit material” to “rebalance the energy frequency in our bodies,” whatever the actual bleep that means.

“Human bodies operate at an ideal energetic frequency, but everyday stresses and anxiety can throw off our internal balance, depleting our energy reserves and weakening our immune systems,” Goop says on its website. “Body Vibes stickers (made with the same conductive carbon material NASA uses to line space suits so they can monitor an astronaut’s vitals during wear) come pre-programmed to an ideal frequency, allowing them to target imbalances.”

Yes, these sentences sound like what you’d expect if you threw Enya lyrics in a blender. But what’s somehow worse is that Body Vibes is trying to invoke our beloved space agency to bolster its legitimacy. Obviously, we had to go to the pros.

More: http://gizmodo.com/nasa-calls-bullshit-on-goops-120-bio-frequency-healing-1796309360

I threw in the third paragraph as the reason Ms. Paoletta is fast becoming my favorite Gizmodo writer. The sheer elegance of that takedown of the advertising bumpf is standard for her.  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Joe Wooten

Amazing how crap like this keeps on propagating. I remember some people ditching their water softeners back in the 80's in favor of some cheap magnets in a plastic case that some con artist convinced them would take out all the minerals in their hard well water.

Also, anyone remember the 100 mpg carburetors? For a big block V8 engine? The devices advertised as using the Earth's natural magnetic field to generate free electricity?