Author Topic: LISTEN: Rush Limbaugh Attempts To Defend Himself Against Accusations Of Selling Out  (Read 11689 times)

Silver Pines

:amen:

Actually, I dislike liberals more than before, because so many of them are claiming to be on "our side."

But aren't.

@musiclady

It's part of the reason we have Trump.  People loved his campaign insults.  Okay, great, sometimes they were funny, and liberals are mad.  What now?

Offline musiclady

@Machiavelli

I'm not familiar with Susan Wright and you could be right about her.  I remember when Erick Erickson disinvited Trump to that gathering; he did so after Trump made the "blood coming out of her wherever" remark about Megyn Kelly.  TOS went wild with hate for Erickson, and it was one of the earlier indications to me that they were going nuts over there.  I think Erickson did the appropriate thing.

I'd still like to hear why @jpsb thinks Redstate is vile.  They're not a Trump fan site, so I'm guessing that's it.

I'm sure that's all there is to it.

The other day he came right out and said he hated us.

If  Red State doesn't like Trump, he hates them.   Period.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline the_doc

@musiclady
@Sanguine
@musiclady

It's part of the reason we have Trump.  People loved his campaign insults.  Okay, great, sometimes they were funny, and liberals are mad.  What now?

@CatherineofAragon, your two-word question hits the problematical nail right on the head!

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
@Machiavelli

I'm not familiar with Susan Wright and you could be right about her.  I remember when Erick Erickson disinvited Trump to that gathering; he did so after Trump made the "blood coming out of her wherever" remark about Megyn Kelly.
I thought the comment by Trump was vile and inexcusable, and even though I now support him, I still think so.

TOS went wild with hate for Erickson, and it was one of the earlier indications to me that they were going nuts over there.
Those who went that way are cultists. Conservatives should not be cultists.

I think Erickson did the appropriate thing.
I don't. I thought it was sanctimonious to dis-invite Trump.

I'd still like to hear why @jpsb thinks Redstate is vile.  They're not a Trump fan site, so I'm guessing that's it.
I think you may be onto something.  ^-^

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
@musiclady

During the campaign they were speaking in glowing terms of those wonderful crossover voters who were voting for Trump.

As it is Trump's unelected idiot daughter is now pushing for universal child care/maternity leave while her idiot father is telling the unions to come see him because his door is always open to them.

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

It seemed to me that that's why Rush fell head over heels with Trump.   He insulted people.

But you're right to ask, @CatherineofAragon .    What now?   The liberals are furious.  Where does someone who claims to be a 'leader' go from there?

It's satisfying in a visceral way to stick the libs in the eye, but what does it do toward accomplishing conservative goals?

Once I realized that Rush didn't really have conservative goals, I understood what had happened to him, and why I no longer could listen.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
How long has he been doing that show, do you know?

IIRC, his national program began in August of 1988.

Silver Pines

@musiclady
@Sanguine
@CatherineofAragon, your two-word question hits the problematical nail right on the head!

@the_doc

Thank you. 

Silver Pines

IIRC, his national program began in August of 1988.

@Machiavelli

Anybody would become stale after thirty years.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It seemed to me that that's why Rush fell head over heels with Trump.   He insulted people. 

Actually Rush never "fell head over heels" with candidate Trump ... or anyone else.  He actually gave quite a bit of airtime to Cruz and Rubio during the primaries.

Once it looked like Trump had the nomination locked up, Rush was relieved.  During this segment on his show, if you'd actually listened to it, you would have heard him explain why:  Rush always felt Donald Trump was the only Republican who could beat Hillary Clinton in the national election.  Nothing more and nothing less.

And, Rush was right.  No need to second guess him now.   ^-^

« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 07:57:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@the_doc

Thank you.

Yes, Catherine is always good with words.

Offline roamer_1

This is not an editorial by RedState. It is an article by one Susan Wright who, to me, has a blind hatred of Trump.

I don't know if she is representative of the overall attitude at RedState.

@Machiavelli

I almost replied previously, but let it go.
Your argument is ad-hominem. On point is not whether Wright or RedState, or even 'Trump hate'...

The argument is whether the accusation is true or not.

Accusation naturally comes from detractors - Especially so in Trumps case. Had we only the view of his fans, the only argument would be whether his flatulence smells of Marigold or Lilac.

@CatherineofAragon
@jpsb
@Frank Cannon

Silver Pines

During the campaign they were speaking in glowing terms of those wonderful crossover voters who were voting for Trump.

As it is Trump's unelected idiot daughter is now pushing for universal child care/maternity leave while her idiot father is telling the unions to come see him because his door is always open to them.

@Cripplecreek

Ivanka's child care dealings are kept pretty quiet, aren't they...

Silver Pines

But you're right to ask, @CatherineofAragon .    What now?   The liberals are furious.  Where does someone who claims to be a 'leader' go from there?

It's satisfying in a visceral way to stick the libs in the eye, but what does it do toward accomplishing conservative goals?

Once I realized that Rush didn't really have conservative goals, I understood what had happened to him, and why I no longer could listen.

@musiclady, you're exactly right--it is satisfying in a visceral way.  As someone who has temper issues, I get that, lol.  But I'm afraid we're going to let the crooks in Washington slide by without getting things done because we're preoccupied with scoring points off progressives.

Silver Pines

Yes, Catherine is always good with words.

@Sanguine, that's really nice of you...thank you.  Lord knows there are lots of people on the forum who are better. 

Silver Pines

I thought the comment by Trump was vile and inexcusable, and even though I now support him, I still think so.
Those who went that way are cultists. Conservatives should not be cultists.
I don't. I thought it was sanctimonious to dis-invite Trump.
I think you may be onto something.  ^-^

@Machiavelli

I would never mistake you for a cultist.  As for Erickson, he attends seminary, so I understand his motivation for cutting Trump from the list.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
@driftdiver, yes, I do...I'm busted.  I've hardly been on here in two days, but I couldn't wait to get back so I could hunt you down and continue my vendetta.

@CatherineofAragon

Well thanks for the patronizing response.  I really appreciate you butting into discussions which have nothing to do with you.  Just so you can defend someone you thought was wronged.

Where were you when @Cripplecreek was calling me a pedophile and terrorist just because I disagreed with him?
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@CatherineofAragon

Well thanks for the patronizing response.  I really appreciate you butting into discussions which have nothing to do with you.  Just so you can defend someone you thought was wronged.

Where were you when @Cripplecreek was calling me a pedophile and terrorist just because I disagreed with him?

Um, gonna butt in here.  I think it was a no-longer-here member who called you those names, and any member is free to comment on any thread here. What am I missing? 

Offline Cripplecreek

Um, gonna butt in here.  I think it was a no-longer-here member who called you those names, and any member is free to comment on any thread here. What am I missing?

I'd like to see that post myself.

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

@driftdiver

Wasn't meant to be patronizing.  I haven't kept count of how many times I've disagreed with you, or not, so your post struck me as odd.  Anyway, we all disagree a lot here, don't we?

As for butting in, this is a public forum and I'll continue to post to whomever I like, whether or not I'm directly addressed first.  Hope you can deal with that.

Where was I...?  Elsewhere, clearly. 

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

http://dianawest.net/Home/tabid/36/EntryId/3279/The-Rights-Trump-Lexicon.aspx

@jpsb

So it's what I expected---Redstate is "vile" because it isn't a Trump fan site.

By the way, I really hope you, as a Trump supporter, aren't going to raise objections to harsh/crude language, because I can lay down chapter and verse concerning Trump's mouth.  Just a couple of more recent examples include his his p-grabbing remark, and the dubious achievement of being the first presidential candidate insecure enough to mention the size of his genitals on a worldwide stage.

Offline Cripplecreek

@jpsb

So it's what I expected---Redstate is "vile" because it isn't a Trump fan site.

By the way, I really hope you, as a Trump supporter, aren't going to raise objections to harsh/crude language, because I can lay down chapter and verse concerning Trump's mouth.  Just a couple of more recent examples include his his p-grabbing remark, and the dubious achievement of being the first presidential candidate insecure enough to mention the size of his genitals on a worldwide stage.

Funny how they need a fainting couch these days and even calling them snowflakes will bring a rebuke from a moderator.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@CatherineofAragon

http://dianawest.net/Home/tabid/36/EntryId/3279/The-Rights-Trump-Lexicon.aspx

OK, help me out.  There are two out of context quotes by a Ben Howe from Redstate, amongst the 19 pages (if you print it out) of quotes from other sites that Diana West has collected.  That's your evidence?  Not sure it rises to the level you described it as.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I do what I want and listen to who I please.

Absolutely you should! 

However, I do not think you are going to experience a lot of agreement or trust in what Rush says on his show anymore.

The talk radio kings have demonstrated to me (an almost 3 decades long listener), that they are merely entertainment and that they really do not believe in what they 'preach'.

So I no longer regard them (except maybe for Levin who I think has an acute case of battered wife syndrome) as voices of Conservative thought. 

But you should listen to, and enjoy whomever tickles your fancy.

Which is why when I am in the dumps - I pop Spinal Tap into my player or hit their playlist on my iPod.

There is nothing close to the kinds of logic that one hears from them.

Because as you know, there is a fine line between clever.... and stupid.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:42:45 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775