Author Topic: Senate Dem undecided on 2018 reelection run (Heitkamp)  (Read 322 times)

Offline corbe

Senate Dem undecided on 2018 reelection run (Heitkamp)
« on: June 22, 2017, 12:48:47 pm »
Senate Dem undecided on 2018 reelection run
 By Rebecca Savransky - 06/22/17 08:31 AM EDT 

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) suggested she is unsure about whether she will run for reelection in 2018.

“There’s days I have doubts ... I mean this is a hard life," she told Politico.

"You know, I haven’t made up my mind.”

She later added: “I think: What value do I add in the Senate? Why am I important to the institution? Not just to North Dakota."
“I’m a very effective advocate for North Dakota," she said. "That’s easy.”

President Trump won North Dakota by 36 points in the 2016 presidential race.

Heitkamp told Politico that the "gestalt of being a senator is not motivating to me."

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/338919-senate-dem-undecided-on-2018-reelection-run
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Hoodat

Re: Senate Dem undecided on 2018 reelection run (Heitkamp)
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 03:58:05 pm »
“There’s days I have doubts ... I mean this is a hard life," she told Politico.

A hard life?  Are you serious?  You make over $200k plus perks.  You have the best health insurance money can buy.  You get insider information for all your investments that is unequaled.  And you don't have to make any decisions at all.  You just blindly vote how Schumer tells you to vote.

And you consider that "a hard life"?  North Dakota deserves better than you.  Much better.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 04:38:58 pm »
How did she get elected?

Oh I remember. She is a lawyer and politician, and they talk from both sides of their mouths.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline MajorClay

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 06:05:24 pm »
We are coming after you Sweetie!