Author Topic: Trump in Iowa: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years  (Read 7214 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Arrrggghhh!!! You got me Bigun.  After 8 years and 7,000 posts I thought I was foolin' you, but you saw right through me didn't you?  And now I stand before the whole world stripped of my shameful facade.  How in the world did I think I would get away with it?  I guess all I can do now is beg forgiveness for trying to mislead you all, even though I don't deserve forgiving, and I am probably not remorseful in the slightest.  I curse myself for having crossed your path, and stupidly falling into your trap.

I have to ask...you say you "always knew" but did you really suspect I was one of Them in July of 2009?  That kind of persistence is amazing and sorely lacking from today's youth.  Eight years of bidding your time, waiting for that one moment I would slip up and you could pounce and strike your blow for Truth!!!

I guess if I had to be outed I couldn't have picked a more worth adversary.  Touché, Sir.  888high58888

Not for sure back then but there were definite clues always.   Happy trails! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

You show a lot of compassion and much of what you say is true but the whole point is that illegals are committing a crime and it is evident by how you referred to them throughout your comment.

Sometimes the law is wrong, and sometimes the law is unenforced, and some times the law has little relevance to real problems,  I frequently speed 5 over the speed limit.  That is a crime committed by most of us.  100 years ago the law was such that Mexicans wouldn't be committing a crime by coming to the US.  My morality has evolved beyond "it's the law," but if that is how you see it everything can be resolved with a law proclaiming illegals to be citizens.  Then it will be the law.

We can't be a nation without borders or we're not a nation at all.  These illegals that you defend have already committed a crime and should attempt to get citizenship or leave.

"We can't be a nation without borders" is a slogan and not a very good one.  More than challenging for many Trump fans, but most counties do not have a 30 foot reinforced fence with razor wire and gun turrets to keep people out...they have fences to keep their citizens in. 

And, by the way, what have you got against old, fat people?

They tend to cost our social safety net a lot more than fit and healthy illegals crossing the southern desert with hundreds of pounds of drugs on their backs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 04:06:12 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Frank Cannon

Sometimes the law is wrong, and sometimes the law is unenforced, and some times the law has little relevance to real problems,  I frequently speed 5 over the speed limit.  That is a crime committed by most of us.  100 years ago the law was such that Mexicans wouldn't be committing a crime by coming to the US.  My morality has evolved beyond "it's the law," but if that is how you see it everything can be resolved with a law proclaiming illegals to be citizens.  Then it will be the law.

"We can't be a nation without borders" is a slogan and not a very good one.  More than challenging for many Trump fans, but most counties do not have a 30 foot reinforced fence with razor wire and gun turrets to keep people out...they have fences to keep their citizens in. 

They tend to cost our social safety net a lot more than fit and healthy illegals crossing the southern desert with hundreds of pounds of drugs on their backs.
>deleted comment<
No personal attacks, Frank. MOD1
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:46:43 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Do you really mean all that crazy stuff you are saying.  Nations must have borders and it's not just a saying or a slogan.  Surely you know that.  What nations do you know of that have fences to keep people in.

You're either making a lame attempt to pull our legs here or you are crazy.

Fit and healthy illegals with hundreds of pounds of drugs on their backs works for you?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
>deleted comment<

That's what I wanted to say but you put it so much more elegantly.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:48:53 pm by Mod1 »

Do you really mean all that crazy stuff you are saying.  Nations must have borders and it's not just a saying or a slogan.  Surely you know that.

The US has a border...you can see it on a map.  We don't need a fence.

What nations do you know of that have fences to keep people in.

Berlin Wall.  USSR

You're either making a lame attempt to pull our legs here or you are crazy.

Fit and healthy illegals with hundreds of pounds of drugs on their backs works for you?

I couldn't possibly think illegal immigration is irrelevant?  I couldn't believe American born leeches could bankrupt our nation all by themselves?  Then call me crazy.

We have borders without walls

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
The US has a border...you can see it on a map.  We don't need a fence.

Berlin Wall.  USSR

I couldn't possibly think illegal immigration is irrelevant?  I couldn't believe American born leeches could bankrupt our nation all by themselves?  Then call me crazy.

We have borders without walls

Hey, find someone else to argue with ... I'm bored with it.

Hey, find someone else to argue with ... I'm bored with it.
Emjay, you asked me 3 questions, and I responded without denigrading you by insinuating you are crazy or your views are a joke...both of which you did to me.

Is that who you are?

Now you are bored.

IMO Trump is a spoiled child who self-destructively acts out when he doesn't get his way and is easily distracted.  I hope you will approve of a comparison to our President of the United States.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Emjay, you asked me 3 questions, and I responded without denigrading you by insinuating you are crazy or your views are a joke...both of which you did to me.

Is that who you are?

Now you are bored.

IMO Trump is a spoiled child who self-destructively acts out when he doesn't get his way and is easily distracted.  I hope you will approve of a comparison to our President of the United States.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Today is fine for me and I hope tomorrow is also.  I lost interest in our discussion when I realized you are just showing off or wanting attention.  I'm going to direct my attention elsewhere.

>deleted comment<
No personal attacks, Frank. MOD1
Did I hit a nerve Frank?  I didn't think I could do that.
Was it the old and fat comment?
Are you not sure you could cross a desert with 50 Kilos of coke?
Even if the drug cartel was holding your parents hostage?

MAN! How is that not a Lifetime Channel movie?

Now I kind of wish I could read what you wrote.

Whatever it was I'm sorry.  I'm not trying to foul your already grouchy disposition and I can't be insulted anymore than the moment the GOP told me they couldn't repeal Obamacare with the same slim majorities Obama had.

I called myself a conservative Republican for 7 Presidential elections.  I worked for my state GOP for 8 years, and defended Republican faults and failures for 20 more.  In 1990 I spit on a filthy hippie protesting the first Iraq war at our state capitol.  I had a priapism from about  Nov 8th 1994 until shortly after the first 100 days of the 104th Congress.  I stood 2 feet taller after President Dubya declared retaliation for 9-11 on the rubble of the twin towers.

But I don't know the GOP anymore, and it is hard for me to watch the complete chaos, betrayal, and the ruin of all I had worked for all my life.

To call it humbling is an understatement so call me what you will, my friend.
Do what you do best...laugh at me.

After all, I'm one of Them.

I lost interest in our discussion when I realized you are just showing off or wanting attention.
Showing off what?

My empathy for the children of God?
Oh yeah baby.

You know what I'm talking about.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I like you.  I think you are a woman of uncommon common sense and I find that you express your opinion aggressively, yet with style, dignity, and grace.  This forum is richer for your contributions.  So when we disagree please understand that I hold you in the highest esteem.

I have worked in the automotive, janitorial, and fast food industry for the last 17 years.  I've met a few illegals over the years too, but I won't respond with anecdotes because I live near and work in Madison, WI.  It is definitely a sanctuary city and my opinion on illegal immigration can't help but be shaped by my experience. 

IMO Illegals often work 3 jobs for crappy pay, they kick in a big chunk of their paycheck to a retirement Ponzi scheme called Social Security, and they know that if they get angry, and pissy with anybody they trust, they can get a letter sent to ICE and their family ripped apart, or sent to a country they don't remember.

IMO getting rid of illegals does very little for my country and will cause great harm if it is done stupidily.  Unfortunately My president is a very, very stupid man.

The illegals I have met didn't carry plagues or pandemics, or commit murder or rape, or deal drugs to school children, in any higher rates than our native born Americans.

...or American homosexual cannibal serial killers, native born Islamic terrorists, and native born mail bombing Earth-Firsters. 

I believe illegals are a great scapegoat to avoid the real problem.  An easily exploited social safety net.

Getting rid of the illegals leaves a nation of fatter and older people...again this is just my opinion.

I agree with every word.  And none of that changes the fact that we need to address illegal immigration seriously,  for the purpose of making things fairer for those here under legal circumstances.

But I don't view illegals as predators; they are fighting for better lives and opportunity as we all are.   The system has encouraged exploitation,  and let's not forget that what this is all about at root is a willing employer wishing to pay a willing laborer for his/her services.   

The best part of a truly effective immigration reform is that it can fix things without uprooting lives that,  putting aside their Original Sin,  have contributed productively to the American fabric.   What is wrong, for example, for cutting the so-called dreamers a break,  and the others that have kept their noses clean?   In the context of the kinds of rational reforms that allow employers and workers to contract legally?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

I agree with every word.  And none of that changes the fact that we need to address illegal immigration seriously,  for the purpose of making things fairer for those here under legal circumstances.

But I don't view illegals as predators; they are fighting for better lives and opportunity as we all are.   The system has encouraged exploitation,  and let's not forget that what this is all about at root is a willing employer wishing to pay a willing laborer for his/her services.   

The best part of a truly effective immigration reform is that it can fix things without uprooting lives that,  putting aside their Original Sin,  have contributed productively to the American fabric.   What is wrong, for example, for cutting the so-called dreamers a break,  and the others that have kept their noses clean?   In the context of the kinds of rational reforms that allow employers and workers to contract legally?

It hardly needs to be said, but I agree with your excellent post