Author Topic: ‘Calm, steadfast’ boy called 911, kept mom alive  (Read 253 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
‘Calm, steadfast’ boy called 911, kept mom alive
« on: June 21, 2017, 09:14:39 am »
ALOHA, Ore. (KOIN) — About a year ago, Brett and Michele Rezewski taught their son Conner how to call 911 in an emergency. His mom is alive today because he did just that.

About a week ago, Michele — who is 34 and 8 weeks pregnant with their 4th child — had a medical emergency while Brett was at work. Up stepped 9-year-old Conner, who calmly called 911 — and then called his dad.

It was around 4 p.m. on June 10 when, as Brett told KOIN 6 News, “Michele was getting ready to put pizza in the oven and then she told Conner she wasn’t feeling well and she had to go lay down.”

Conner went to play, Brett said, but heard sounds coming from Michele’s room. “He went to go check on her to make sure she was OK.”

“Conner said that she fell asleep and she was shaking a little bit, so I think that she had a seizure,” he said. “Then Conner picked up the phone and then he dialed 911. That’s my rock — Conner is a rock through all of this.”

Brett said his son maintained his composure while he was on the phone with the 911 dispatchers.

“When I finally talked to him he was really calm, really steadfast. He goes, ‘Dad, I had to call 911. Mommy’s not OK. You need to leave work immediately.’ Very concise with his speech. I’m like, ‘Whoa! What’s going on?'”

One of their friends saw the ambulance and followed it to the house to help with Conner and his 2 younger brothers.

More: http://koin.com/2017/06/20/calm-steadfast-boy-called-911-kept-mom-alive/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink